Solitaire ASL

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They did. I just verified it on Boardgame Geek. Avalon Hill did version 1 and MMP undated And re-released as version two adding the more recent country activation cards. I pulled my copy out and verified as well. Seems like I recall the early copies of Armies of Oblivion contained the axis minor sasl cards as well. Also recall a couple of years ago MMP sold ziplocked versions of SASL two they made from remnants and color copies. So they could reprint it if the interest was there.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Since it was so long ago it was printed, my guess is that all those files would need to be re-laid-out/proofed/etc. in current version of the software they are using. Not something one does in an afternoon. :)

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, that takes Klas at least 1.5 afternoons. ;-)

I read MMP was planning to add SASL with the new E-Rules, not sure if that's still happening; I was one of the lucky ones to get the ziplocked version a few years back as a black Friday offering. If you don't have SASL, you should be hounding MMP to make one available to you because it's great!!!

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Updated rules are fine, but you still need the counters to play SASL properly (enemy ?, letter chits, panic). MMP would have to reprint these and make them available for new players.
Right-on, I was wondering how they would handle that as well.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe the two countersheets from SASL could be added to the BV countermix? They're technically "system" counters, so this would make sense if the e-rules and the forthcoming 3rd edition of the print rules are to include Chapter S.

However this would see a corresponding price hike for BV, which may make entry that much more prohibitive for new players.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe the two countersheets from SASL could be added to the BV countermix? They're technically "system" counters, so this would make sense if the e-rules and the forthcoming 3rd edition of the print rules are to include Chapter S.

However this would see a corresponding price hike for BV, which may make entry that much more prohibitive for new players.
or they could include the rules and then do P# for the counters (in snazzy zip lock) to see if it would make sense to produce the counters or not.

OberZopf

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As ASL continues to evolve with new boards, etc. Are there plans that eventually SASL will be (re)published or have a 3rd Edition?
Is there a big difference in the rules from 1st to 2nd edition? Do you know of errata list SASL?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a big difference in the rules from 1st to 2nd edition? Do you know of errata list SASL?
I am pretty sure that the 1st Edition contains the German, Russian, British, & American random event charts, reinforcement charts, company OOB, and such. You can still play a lot with he 1st Edition.

The 2nd Edition brought the rest of the combatants into the game (EXC.: DB comes with 2 random events cards for axis minors).

I am not sure of any errata, sorry.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
SASL 2nd edition adds all of the nationalities except the axis minors and the Finns, plus a few new rules (I've been playing 2nd ed. so long I don't really remember exactly what changed.) Both the original and reprint editions of AoO (not DB) include generation and random event charts for the axis minors, so that's how they get into the system. Don't know about 1st edition, but my 2nd edition AoO also came with Chapter S replacement pages with some extra campaign rules (mostly alternative campaign companies.) TopT is right that you can play a lot with 1st edition.

I don't think there was a lot of errata for SASL - you can find some on the errata section of the MMP site, I think.

OberZopf

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What's the latest in Solitaire ASL, as of 23NOV19?

OberZopf

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question for MMP: Ref SASL HCG,
Developing a historically base SASL CG on the German Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Regiment 1940 and 41. With plans to expand latter.
Is there a numbering convention started by MMP for subsequent SASL CG Chapters/ Sections? Such as the Red Barricades SASL CG being 19.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think so. RB was published as missions r1-r4 (1998). Hoch, Hoch! was published as JM1 (2001). VotG SASL was submitted somewhere around 2008/ 2009 but has never been published.

I think the 19 comes from the SASL RB that stops at Chapter 18, Friendly Companies.

OberZopf

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, thanks, I haven’t seen any signs of others working on a similar project. Might number mine 20 when it’s ready to share.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I'd advise against it.

If MMP ever publish another SASL CG, they're not going to care about your numbering (unless they publish it, of course!) so you run the risk of duplicate numbering for different products. You're the one who "loses" in that fight.

Just use some numbering (or better, naming) system that works for you as a stand-alone thing. No-one will complain.

Leave the official chapter numbering convention for official chapter pages.