Solitaire ASL 2nd edition help

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Need some help here. Bought a copy of 2nd edition ASL Solitaire but it looks exactly like my 1st edition copy. I checked the MMP site to see if there is a difference on their picture for 2nd edition. I can't see any differences. Their contents list is different but the box pic looks the same and the description lower on the page has the old contents list also. It is still shrinkwrapped so I don't want to open it yet until I am sure.

I am assuming that somewhere on my box it should say 2nd edition and probably MMP. Would the date of 1995 be updated? Should the contents be updated to include the new missions and missions?

Thanks in advance.

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
In the 2nd Ed, you should be able to see the words "ADDITIONAL NATIONALITIES! MISSIONS!" and "Second Edition", printed in yellow, at the top of the cover, just under the title "Solitaire ASL", at both sides of the helmet of the depicted soldier.

1st Ed had 14 Missions, and 2nd Ed has 21. Besides, 2nd Ed covers more nationalities.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yeah I know about the additional stuff so I figured it would be mentioned somewhere on the box. Thanks. Excuse me while I send a polite but nasty email.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Could be an honest mistake. The seller may not know the difference because it looks exactly like the copy on MMP's website. The picture on the site doesn't have the 2nd ed written on it as Yarlis tells me. However I don't know that I would call something 2nd ed if it did not say it anywhere on the box. Waiting to hear from seller.

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Psycho1943 said:
Could be an honest mistake. The seller may not know the difference because it looks exactly like the copy on MMP's website. The picture on the site doesn't have the 2nd ed written on it as Yarlis tells me. However I don't know that I would call something 2nd ed if it did not say it anywhere on the box. Waiting to hear from seller.
Did you ever get this hashed out with them?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Leftie said:
Did you ever get this hashed out with them?
Yes finally heard back from seller. Offered partial refund and let me keep the game for resale or trade. Very nice but I still a 2nd ed copy. :(

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Psycho1943 said:
Yes finally heard back from seller. Offered partial refund and let me keep the game for resale or trade. Very nice but I still a 2nd ed copy. :(
Well if you are looking to dump your first edition, For the right price I would be interested.