Soft Sand and Shell Holes

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I am reading this right but would like to make sure I am

Got a 300mm NOBA 'concentration' being placed on a soft sand (open ground) hex. Can a shell hole be placed if a 16 (-1) IFT attack gets a original KIA result.

Think you can, only point where I can see that it might not is verbiage of B2.1. Where a shellhole requires a original KIA result of greater of concentrated 150mm or greater. Ie the 20 FP column

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Nothing inn the Sand section reduces the calibre of the attack, merely the effect so I would say the 150mm OBA could create shellholes. Of course, given the reduction in effect, they are less likely yo do so.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you rock Vinnie. I figured I had the right of it, but I wasn't completely sure thanks to the use, deliberately I assume, of the word 'concentrated' in B2.1. Not sure what it was getting at and thought there might be chance the reduction (ie not concentrated?) FP due to soft sand might make it NA. Also was hedging that Chapter F rules are the caboose of the ASLRB (as well as likely the least used in the game) in terms of being updated/revised and might have missed word of a pending revision for the rules as written now definitely had it open to having shellholes created pending just what 'concentrated' was intended to mean in B2.1.

Anyhow thanks, that is how it was played, just figured to make use of the forum heads and see if I had missed something.