Soft Ground

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm unclear on the effects of soft ground and can't find the answer in the RB. What are the costs to both infantry and tracked vehicles? Is the road rate negated on unpaved roads?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dietermon said:
I'm unclear on the effects of soft ground and can't find the answer in the RB. What are the costs to both infantry and tracked vehicles? Is the road rate negated on unpaved roads?
AFAIK the only affect of "soft ground" is a +1 DRM to bog DR.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian W said:
Dietermon said:
AFAIK the only affect of "soft ground" is a +1 DRM to bog DR.
Normally that is the case - only the +1 DRM to BOG. If you are playing OVHS, there is the following SSR:

RR9 SOFT GROUND: To reflect the soggy conditions of February 19th, during each (CG) scenario which occurs on that date, each vehicle must expend one additional MP per hexside (as per E3.9) unless crossing/ traversing a paved-road or entering a building/ woods/ rubble obstacle.[4] In addition, each Bog Check receives the Soft Ground DRM (D8.21) [EXC: if on a paved road or in a building (D8.21); barbed-wire-fence Bog Check (RR13.3)]. When Soft Ground is in effect, off board hexes are also considered to be Soft Ground.

Remember, this is an SSR for just OVHS.