socom and call of duty

Cpt. Bonez

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UO - Call of Duty: United Offensive. Expansion pack for Call of Duty for the PC.

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jrotc_soldier89 said:
You have a point there, I just said that because I was in a hurry, so I apologize to anyone who read that comment who is in the military and is not a special forces person *my deepest sympothy*.

I think you have a slightly misconstrued view of Special Forces. I don't know a whole lot about the Army but in the Marines Corps only something like 7% of the people who try out for Force Recon actually make it. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to even make it through the indoctrination.

To me it's always a matter of effort VS reward. I could spend the next 9 months training every day to get into the kind of shape I would need to be in order to even get into the indoc, or I could spend that time with my wife and my son and finish my college degree.

You seem to be basing your knowledge of the military from video games and Hollywood when in fact reality is much different.

Reaction score
holding onto M-16, waiting for reinforcments
Country
llUnited States
Leftie said:
I think you have a slightly misconstrued view of Special Forces. I don't know a whole lot about the Army but in the Marines Corps only something like 7% of the people who try out for Force Recon actually make it. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to even make it through the indoctrination.

To me it's always a matter of effort VS reward. I could spend the next 9 months training every day to get into the kind of shape I would need to be in order to even get into the indoc, or I could spend that time with my wife and my son and finish my college degree.

You seem to be basing your knowledge of the military from video games and Hollywood when in fact reality is much different.
I do have alot of knowledge about special forces, my sisters boyfriend' friend is a navy seal and I talk with him every time I go over to his house or when we go for a run, because since im young and I want to join the special forces might as well start to get into shape.