So who has facial hair and who doesn't?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you shave every day? Once a week? Never?

Note: If you're a girl this thread doesn't count...

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you shave every day? Once a week? Never?

Note: If you're a girl this thread doesn't count...
Sounds to me you need to go through transgender sensitivity training....very presumptuous of you to make gender based assumptions.

Why would you want to exclude less than 1% of the population (or 100% of the actors, er...actresses...er Q's on the Lifetime Channel) with your question?

Smart ass aside - Shave once every couple of days. My wife doesn't complain about the stubble on day 2, but refuses to kiss me on Day 3.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've always been clean shaven. But a while back my wife decided she wanted me to grow a real beard just to see what would happen. I was game.

How she thought I was going to look.

How I actually looked.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've been lucky to have both women and jobs that have accommodated me over the years. I hate shaving. I basically go until the whiskers are poking in to my neck and keeping me awake at night when I try to sleep prior to hacking everything off. And I don't do a proper shave then, either. I have a WAHL Peanut Trimmer and I buzz it down as close as it will go and then I'm good for another few weeks.

Philippe D.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I shave roughly once per month, or per two months. Laziness, mostly; but I think my skin is a little too sensitive to shave more than once or twice a week, so why bother... (both my job and wife are tolerant enough of facial hair yo-yo, that's a real plus!)

RevJJ

Malf'ers of the Universe
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Once a day. My beard is patchy, wiry (ingrown hairs galore), and itchy. I hate it. If I let it grow past 24 hours it becomes increasingly irritating. To make matters worse, shaving daily sucks thanks to my skin's sensitivity. Electric razors give me wicked razor burn even with all the assorted pre/post shave ointments and what have you and I've tried numerous sensitive skin products with blade razors. What I found works best for me is shaving with old school William's Mug Soap and a razor rinsed with hot water and dipped in 91% isopropyl alcohol on every stroke. Afterwards I go over my neck with a cotton pad soaked in isopropyl. Stings yes but since I started doing that routine I've been able to keep the daily razor burn at a tolerable minimum.

Kithikor

Recurit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm doing a REALLY poor job for No Shave-ember.
Usually...I shave my head every other day and my face, except my goatee, 1-2 a week.
I don't mind...REALLY! Razor blades are expensive!

P.S.
I'll post pics at end of month