So what's the best game of ASL you played in 2018 (and why) ? And what's the best new scenario you played in 2018 ?

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think my most memorable game of the year was DTF-2 Blitzkrieg! against my worthy and expressive friend and opponent Sean Deller, at Albany. Sean was brave enough to take me on in a scenario Chris and I designed and made the game a nailbiter.....the fact I lost in the final CCPh after a full day of wild ASL says it all. Just a complete joy ride.
One of my favorites of the year as well. Another epic nail-biter with Peter. Awesome.

"Expressive"...heh, heh.

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
scenario not played before that was super fun and memorable for me has to be YASL10 Dropping Topside vs Dean Deller at Tussle in the Tundra (Manchester, NH) this summer. That is one Crazy A$$ scenario representing the desperate struggle for Corregidor. My IJA lost but it is a fun, intense scenario vs a great opponent
Another one of my favorites as well. I love wacky, chaotic scenarios. Especially with fun opponents. Great stuff!

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was lucky enough to play 41 scenarios this past year (the most for quite some time) against 20 different enjoyable opponents. Tough to pick a favorite.

In addition to the two mentions above...I want to add the five games I played with Bill Cirillo (we hadn't played since 2016...absolutely criminal), as well as my two playings of O14 Wiking Horde: one with Ted Wilcox, and one with Chris Trout. A unique and challenging scenario that I absolutely relished with two of my favorite opponents. Additional shout out to Chris for weathering the storm as my exhausted U.S. whirlwind couldn't finish the job against that last Jagdpanzer. Loved it.