So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
J114 The Marketplace at Wormhoudt. My opponent wanted to defend, so I had the Germans in this scenario. I comprehensively lost the armoured battle, losing all 4 German tanks while only managing to immobilise and stun one A10 (and the stun was due to on LMG shot). Despite this the turning point came in the British Prep Fire phase around turn 2 or 3 when I arrayed my 10-2 and two accompanying LMG armed 548s and a PzIV against the British firebase (9-2, two 458s, HMG/MMG) and the anti-tank gun. The British Prep Fire resulted in a K/4 which CR'ed a 548 and broke the leader and remaining squad. However the ATG missed the panzer on its first shot and then was disabled intensive firing. The return fire from the Panzer against the British stack resulted in 1 KIA which eliminated 1 squad and the HMG. The broken 9-2 and 458 never rallied and were eventually eliminated for failure to rout and the path to the multi-hex victory buildings was open to the Germans. By turn 6 with most of the British infantry eliminated or captured and the bulk of the village (with the exception of the church) in German hands my opponent conceded.

Although not mentioned in the Aftermath of the scenario, its worth recalling that immediately following this battle the gallant soldiers of the LSSAH slaughtered more than 80 Allied prisoners from the Warwickshire and Cheshire regiments along with other units that were in the areas. Despite a number of attempts post-war, none of the perpetrators were ever brought to justice.

gorkowskij

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
J35 Siam Sambal

John Stadick’s French-Vietnamese defeated my Thais by 4 VP in J35 Siam Sambal on September 11. Although not a blitzkrieg thriller, it’s a fun scenario because of its many anachronisms: WWI tanks, 1930s tanks, tank-killing machine guns, cavalry, the Foreign Legion, a French halftrack, and Thai air support! Highly recommended.

Infantry of the French Foreign Legion raced forward through Kunai into the village on the Thai left and spent the rest of the game there battling for the central Q4 building. Their FT-17s chugged along in the rear threatening to fire at Thais who considered dashing in the open. A Thai Vickers plunged into the village, safely absorbed about six machine gun hits unleashed by a French rate tear, and then pulled up to the wall just in time to hit and kill an FT-17 overrunning some Thai infantry. Same said Vickers later went up in flames to a machine gun hit.

The French made more progress on the Thai right where they eventually took half the huts on overlay 5. The green half squads of the French Colonial Defense Regiment shined as they ran through the palms to laugh off two shots of eight-down-one and two more of six-flat (one of which created a French hero) while also drawing fire that busted the Thai’s 82mm mortar. The Thai 75mm gun fired three times with only one hit to finally take out a pesky 2-2-7 before its crew broke. Thoroughly ashamed, the mortar and gun crews later committed Hari-Kari with boxcars on self-rally attempts. The Thai fighter failed its first sighting task check to throw away a once-in-a-lifetime strafing run at four hexes of French infantry. The French Forward Observer never attempted radio contact, couldn't line up a decent shot among the close quarters fighting in dense terrain, and the French AA trucks kept to the rear as did their halftrack towing a gun they never unloaded.

Thai marksmanship improved as the French ground forward on the Thai right. The Thai fighter made the rest of its sighting task checks to strafe and break three lines of French infantry among the huts. A Thai light machine gun killed a French FT-17. Thai small arms pinned several French thrusts.

As is so often the case, the whole thing came down to the last close combat. On the Thai left, a Thai hero led his elite squad into close combat with an in-motion FT-17 on a street between two buildings, but alas rolled a 7 for no effect and a French win.

Attachments

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
J114 The Marketplace at Wormhoudt. My opponent wanted to defend, so I had the Germans in this scenario. I comprehensively lost the armoured battle, losing all 4 German tanks while only managing to immobilise and stun one A10 (and the stun was due to on LMG shot). Despite this the turning point came in the British Prep Fire phase around turn 2 or 3 when I arrayed my 10-2 and two accompanying LMG armed 548s and a PzIV against the British firebase (9-2, two 458s, HMG/MMG) and the anti-tank gun. The British Prep Fire resulted in a K/4 which CR'ed a 548 and broke the leader and remaining squad. However the ATG missed the panzer on its first shot and then was disabled intensive firing. The return fire from the Panzer against the British stack resulted in 1 KIA which eliminated 1 squad and the HMG. The broken 9-2 and 458 never rallied and were eventually eliminated for failure to rout and the path to the multi-hex victory buildings was open to the Germans. By turn 6 with most of the British infantry eliminated or captured and the bulk of the village (with the exception of the church) in German hands my opponent conceded.

Although not mentioned in the Aftermath of the scenario, its worth recalling that immediately following this battle the gallant soldiers of the LSSAH slaughtered more than 80 Allied prisoners from the Warwickshire and Cheshire regiments along with other units that were in the areas. Despite a number of attempts post-war, none of the perpetrators were ever brought to justice.
I recall a book was written on this as well. I believe with the assistance with one of the two surrviviors.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wrapped up Hazmo6 With Great Vengeance pitting the attacking British against the defending Germans in The Netherlands, October ‘44. VCs require capture of nine multi-location buildings on board 53 – one of which must include the P3 church.

The attackers sported 2 x Churchills, a combination of 13 x 458s and 457s and requisite hardware (DC, MMGs, PIAT, 51mtrs, etc.) and leadership. 1 x flame-belching Crocodile enters on turn 2. Notable German defense assets consisted of a mix of 8 x 467 and 468s, HMG, MMG, DC, Psk, 75L AT, 50L AT, 2 x Wire, 12FP mines. The German receives turn 4 reinforcements: 2 x 468, 7-0, Psk, StuG, SPW251.

The bulk of the British attack occurred on the German left flank. It moved forward carefully as expected with the Germans conducting a decent fighting withdrawal. However, a key break of a German 467 on the board edge forced the remaining defenders to abandon the top “block”. There was risk of the attackers slipping around and encircling the defenders. I decided to pull back toward the church lest the others be overwhelmed. By this time (~turn 4), I felt undue effort spent on preventing capture of the non-church VC buildings would only weaken the church side defense.

German right flank (the church side) was covered with the wire and 2x6FP mines on the road. This flank saw only two 247s pressure it at the start. I recall at least one was broken by a SAN and maybe the other also. midgame, the 75L unHIPed and proceeded to malf a rear shot on a Churchill. Meanwhile the Crocodile was flaming with abandon, though its 7 MP sure helps keep it from ranging too aggressively. My fortune turned with a few turns remaining when a powerful British stack of three squads, MMG and 8-1 in M4 was fired on by a 247/HMG/9-1 for an 6+2 with rate. Results were 1MC, 1MC, MC. All that remained was a wounded 8-1, and a broken HS. I skedaddled my 228 crew in position to cause FTR. That really took the fizz out of the attack as the bottom half of the board was largely denuded of any cohesive infantry force. We proceeded to go another half turn, but it was clear the church was well defended, and the British called off the attack.

Game End

A very enjoyable, straight-forward scenario that fits nicely into the tournament scenario category. A nice mix of assets for both sides that gives some options for defender and attacker. My opponent had some rough MCs on the aforementioned infantry stack which really turned the tide. I benefited from most all of the British force hitting my left flank (less those two 247s). Too, while it might seem like the British have a lot of time, there is a lot to do. Making the church control mandatory creates urgency for the British. As the defender, I always felt one turn away from things collapsing in. In the end, a very good sign for a scenario. My second Hazmo scenario. Nicely done.

Last edited:

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
MM26 Gallant Mogilev. Had the Germans in this one. My attack was pretty clumsy and not well thought out. Lost the infantry gun on entry to a foreseeable MMG shot and got no use out of the observer who entering east of the river failed to get a fire mission down until he was eventually dispatched by the Sniper around turn 6. In retrospect would have been better off entering both these assets on the west side of the river where they would have had good LOS's to the Soviet defences around the bridge. My main attack remained hung-up in the Soviet fortifications within about six hexes of the board edge for the first 5 turns, my opponent being happy to put forward a wall of bodies to deny me forward momentum. It was only about turn 6 that I managed to extricate myself from the wire and mines and thin out the defenders enough to generate any real forward momentum. I conceded in turn 7 when it was pretty obvious that I could not break through to the bridge.

commissarmatt

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hueishan Docks from Blood and Jungle

I had the Japanese defense against an inexperienced attacker wanting to learn PTO. We called it after turn 6 in favor of the Japanese, as the Chinese attack had stalled. Highlights included:
  • Both HMGs malfunctioned very early, one on its first shot, the other on its second. The first X'd out immediately, the second was repaired, but got off only a couple of other shots before the crew and leader were swarmed by AFVs and CC.
  • The 37* knocked out a couple of AFVs, but then also X'd out of the game.
  • The guns knocked out something like four AFVs between them.
  • The truck towing the 37L was eliminated by a one-down-one shot.
  • The aforementioned 9-0, 2-2-8 with HMG were swarmed by AFVs and follow up attacks. They knocked out an AFV that came in for bypass freeze, brewing it up. This later spread to their wooden building location. They then used street fighting to knock out an adjacent AFV. They were then swarmed by infantry, one squad placing a DC on them. They shrugged that off. They then survived two or three rounds of CC, at 3:1 odds, until finally with just the 9-0 remaining, the flame spread to a blaze, eliminating everyone in CC, which at that point was two more Chinese squads. Epic.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played WO21 Bolder Than Before with Jeff Wasserman featuring an intranational brouhaha with Russians attacking defending Ukrainians (The OUN) on board 76. I liked the unique setting and VCs. A gaggle of Russian 447s on motorcycles entering on turn 1 and 2 AND a small on board at-start force of 426s for a total of 18 squads. The Russians also get 3 x T-26s. All in a race to achieve one of three variable VCs secretly chosen in advance by the OUN – more on that in a moment. The OUN are a majority of Partisan 336s with a few 447s and MOL capability thrown in to keep the OUN player from feeling completely depressed at the quality of their OB. The dr gave me the OUN.

The first choice for the OUN is which of the three VC to choose: 1) Russian controls four designated buildings by turn 5.5 2) Russian inflicts >=16 CVP OUN casualties by turn 6 3) Exit 9 EVP of non-crew personnel off three hexes V8 – V10 on the other side of the board by turn 7.5. Each option offers a small OB boost. After looking over the options, the map, OBs, it was my thinking that option three (the EVP VC) was the best option which gives me a roadblock. Woohoo!

Option three sets this game up as a fighting withdrawal. I set up the OUN with the idea of self-preservation and the ability to retreat, taking high-opportunity shots (-2). One key element for the OUN is about half of their force sets up HIP. This means the Russian can’t simply roll through the map and must harness their enthusiasm and proceed with due caution against -2 shots. Also, the secret VC means the Russian needs to play as if all three are the VC chosen. In this case, the OUN must not tip their hand by abandoning the first two VCs too quickly.

As for the game play, I’ll keep it brief. I wasn’t able to inflict as many losses on the first few turns as hoped. As a result, the Russians were amassing and I pulled back conceding it wasn’t VC1 about a turn earlier than I had wanted. The rest of the game was a slow withdrawal.

I got picked apart as the 336s simply couldn’t handle any fire effects. I shed troops as I fell back. One area of success was MOLing two tanks with some high octane vodka – both the more useful two-turret MG versions. This really limited the Russian’s ability to race to the exit area and pepper those defenders with serious FP. Additionally, in the final few turns, I did a better job of passing MCs. Some resulted in pins and were surrounded, but they were alive.

The game ended with a very stylish Human Wave by Jeff. The one remining tank was going to provide an armored assault on the lead unit. Fortunately for me, commander Yuri lost his nerve and gacked his TC. I fired away at the HW at -2 mods. I was able to break a couple units on the first impulse. Then a 9-1/447/LMG fired a 12-1 on 2 x 447, 10-0 in the woods. Result was a K/3. Here was the killer: random selection…6…6…6. At that point, the Russians felt the losses now too great to exit enough EVP and called it.

End Game

I really liked this scenario but trying to keep the OUN in GO was extremely difficult. I don’t recall rallying anyone all game(?). Too, in my effort to distract the Russians some of my troops got caught a bit out of place. I definitely got super lucky KOing two tanks.

Jeff played a well-disciplined, expert game. In our debrief, the only regret on his part was moving that second tank adjacent to a likely HIP unit (the 447/LMG/9-1). Other than that, he used his OB superbly only to hit some hot dice in his final push.

I am glad I finally got this one to the table as it was on my playlist for a while. It was extremely challenging and a fun historical situation. The multiple VC structure was genius and hope to see more scenarios with this innovative approach. A huge thank you to Jeff for a very well-played game that included lots of laughs along the way.

Last edited:

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
J121 Schloss Hemingstein. Had the defending Germans in this game. The SS hunkered down in the victory building and survived a heavy barrage from the tank destroyers. My opponent suffered heavy leader casualties which left him with no leaders by about turn 5. His final push for the victory building collapsed in the face of the flamethrower and a timely snakes on a 4 -1 advancing fire shot that eliminated a hero and one of the few remaining good order US squads.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Over the summer my buddy Curtis Brooks & I played a few scenarios but nowhere near the number we normally have. Here's a brief synopsis of each:

J187 IN DEADLY COMBAT: This Russian-German affair of 1941 offers each side a chance to augment their OBs unannounced to the opponent but as usual at a VC cost. The action was hot and heavy throughout the engagement and it was a joy to play with quite a few early war AFVs on each side. In our fight the Russians came up short of their VCs but don't let that or the record deter you from giving this a try. The scenario as we played it (both taking the optional OB increase) was tense and the optional OB/VC selections can make this a very different game each time around; a highly re-playable scenario. We both give this one high marks. BTW, during our AAR we thought it's to the Russian's advantage to forego taking the optional KV platoon for the decrease in VC control requirements.

AP170 NEVER ON TIME: This is a German SS vs British contest in Normandy '44 (Mouen, FR) that features some kitty cats for the men in black and some late arriving Sherman's for the Brits. The initial British OB (all infantry) has to fend off a German attack on board 15a until their reinforcements (a mixed force) arrive a few turns later to stabilize the situation and hopefully help defend or retake the last few VC buildings. In our playing it was all over fairly quickly as the SS threw caution to the wind and bum-rushed the initial Brit defense, taking almost all of the VC buildings before the arrival of the British reinforcements; and with them having a way to go before they got into the engagement area. With Panthers awaiting their arrival and SS storm troopers ensconced in the VC buildings along with most of the initial Brit OB heading back to POW cages or left scattered motionless in the village, my buddy gave up the attempt to hold Mouen. I gave this one respectable marks, my buddy less so. As the German's you have to be AGGRESSIVE! Once the British reinforcements arrive and if the SS haven't taken the majority VC locations already, it's going to be terse struggle at best to pull out a German win. Action packed from the beginning for sure.

WO33 ONE-EYED JACQUES: This one features the Germans smashing into France (board 13a) in 1940. An excellent scenario it was a hard fought competition from beginning to end. All told however, my dice were a bit hotter than Curtis' and eventually allowed me to prevail as the German attacker. Interestingly for us we went back for several years in our records before we found a French scenario that neither of us had managed to create a single French Hero. Also, with a French SAN of 4 he had not gotten a single sniper attack the whole game but my SAN of 2 struck twice (hotties both times). We both liked the scenario (as ROAR record also shows) and give it high marks. Exciting and fun to play regardless of the dice imbalance in this playing.

AP165 THE CHOCOS: Now we switch theaters to the Pacific, New Guinea to be more precise, where the Australians are attempting to hold off an IJA attack. A short scenario (5 turns) uses board 37 as its battleground. In this one the Australians are tasked with holding some significant terrain against a plethora of Rising Sun flag wielding attackers to their front while the Japanese can also enter a small force on their flank to make it a tough affair. This is action from beginning to end but the Australians are really stretched to react to the Japanese threats. Again I gave this good marks but Curtis felt the Australians had little to do except set up a good defense and react to Japanese pressure. All in all we give this one respectable marks and enjoyed the action.

The final two played this summer and exceptional ones at that, will be reviewed in my next post (time to take care of the grand-kids). 🖖

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
J121 Schloss Hemingstein. Had the defending Germans in this game. The SS hunkered down in the victory building and survived a heavy barrage from the tank destroyers. My opponent suffered heavy leader casualties which left him with no leaders by about turn 5. His final push for the victory building collapsed in the face of the flamethrower and a timely snakes on a 4 -1 advancing fire shot that eliminated a hero and one of the few remaining good order US squads.
Great scenario! I liked it a lot.

It's been quite a while since I have played this as the defending Germans and was fond of building traps for the US and playing mind-games. I can't remember if I won or lost it in the end, but it was one of those games in which the fun level was so high that the outcome didn't matter.

von Marwitz

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great scenario! I liked it a lot.

It's been quite a while since I have played this as the defending Germans and was fond of building traps for the US and playing mind-games. I can't remember if I won or lost it in the end, but it was one of those games in which the fun level was so high that the outcome didn't matter.

von Marwitz
Something that I always love to hear.

Probably in my own top 5 (of all I have designed)-- and one I would gladly take a break from playtesting to play again- which I don't often say about my own.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
At the Maritime Mashup, I played the following:

T8 AACHEN'S PALL: I won with the American attackers vs Nick Farnya's Germans who had the balance.
178 THE NISCEMI-BISCARY HIGHWAY: I won with the American defenders vs Andrew Luden's Germans.
126 COMMANDO SCHENKE: I won with the Russian defenders vs Bill Thomson's Germans.
T4 SHKLOV'S LABORS LOST: I won with the German attackers vs Alain Chabot's Russians who had the balance.

Post tournament:
182 STRAYER'S STRAYS: I won with the American attackers vs Dean Limosani's Germans.
182 STRAYER'S STRAYS: I won with the German defenders vs Dean Limosani's Americans.

Been a long time since I won six games in a row.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL 4 The Commissar's House

Have never played this classic, it was 154-154 on ROAR last time I looked.

17 of us met for our annual club barbecue meeting where we voted on a scenario to play; I randomly got put into the three-player game and played the defending Russians against two German players. We've found it's usually better to have the attacker side in a scenario be the two-player team.

We all brought defensive setups to speed up the time spent on this scenario (we played in under 7 hours even with the couple of pauses I needed to think out a turn). The objective is an unbroken squad-equivalent in either the wooden building 20S6 or the fortified stone building 20Z3 at game end. So, a squad surviving melee would be a winner. In the image below the Germans come in from above the red dashed line. They have 13 x 838s, 12 x 467s, 10 leaders and the usual SWs including two flamethrowers. The Russians defend with 6 x 628s, 6 x 458s, 12 x 447s, 5 leaders, several MGs, 12 x ?, SAN 6, booby traps, 3 HIP squads and the entire Z3 building is fortified.

Against two skilled opponents who communicated well, I lost at the end of Turn 8 (out of 8.5 turns) when my remaining Russians couldn't rally, the ones on the second level of Z2 had to surrender. Things that went in the German favor were flamethrowers that wouldn't break, and relatively tame booby trap and sniper (they did lose one 9-2) and they got a hero and fanatic.

The Russian highlight was a lost 447 advancing out of T4 sewer, rolling snakeyes to wipe out the 8-1 and 838 guarding the manhole, generating a 6+1 leader, then infiltrating next to the Chemist's Shop S6. However it was eliminated next turn by fire from a couple of defending 838s.

The key to the scenario appears to be the stairwells in AA3 and AA4. I did set up a substantial defense in this area, especially to DD2 with trenches in the orchard. Suppressing and interdicting German kill stacks from BB5 to the FF6 area would get a lot of my attention in my next play.

My opponents were methodical in sweeping the board for my three HIP squads; one mistake by me was not putting them onboard before their discovery and sewer moving them. These units are important to tie down squads in the S6 area and to threaten an unlikely win by retaking the S6 building.

They also did a good job of softening up my fortified building defenders by blasting them from range 2 before entering the street. I couldn't skulk/rotate enough concealed guys into position.

Our total results for the day were 4 Germans wins and 3 Russian wins out of the 7 matches played. So, the ROAR balance was spot on. One thing I noticed was the Russian winners set up just enough forward units and were able to skillfully withdraw them to the fortified building area.

I haven't played an all-infantry scenario in awhile but this one was a lot of fun and everyone I talked to would play again. I'm sure a lot of you guys have already played & enjoyed this scenario!

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played "Sting 'em at Zingem" Saturday morning with my regular opponent; generally, I play Axis and like to attack, so, to shake it up a bit I played the defending Belgians. Looking at the OBs, I honestly didn't think I had a chance- German infantry and leaders were generally better quality, as were their AFVs - my two radiolless British made Cardon Lloyd carriers with welded on ATRs (47s) looked difficult to use.
In the end, the Belgians won, winning a Melee in the Belgian turn 6 CC phase ( 6 turn scenario) in the victory hex which would have given the Germans victory. My two carriers performed well, knocking out the German AC and his AAMG armed HT.
The highlight was a half squad which had remained Concealed in a stone building till turn 5 throwing it's DC and breaking a German stack ( while surviving itself ) on it's way to the disputed victory hex.
Excellent scenario, highly recommended.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich and I did finish AP167 with my Japs losing on the last turn. This is a great scenario because there are many ways this battle can go though it might be tough on the brits if they do not get smoke. still it is a very fun little scenario and highly recommend it to all. So far, this has to be one of my fav AP's, lots of good scenarios contained in this one for sure.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I enjoyed our playing.

Scott's Japanese had some tough luck morale checks for his ELR 2 Japanese squads. The Japanese lone MMG destroyed one HS, but was a non-factor until he perished in HTH Melee.

I think a Japanese Alamo defense around each of the right two (Jpn. perspective) level 3 hill groups would be tough to defeat.

That said, Roar has it at 9-1 Japanese favor. So, I would at least give the Brits the balance ( a second 648).

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I enjoyed our playing.

Scott's Japanese had some tough luck morale checks for his ELR 2 Japanese squads. The Japanese lone MMG destroyed one HS, but was a non-factor until he perished in HTH Melee.

I think a Japanese Alamo defense around each of the right two (Jpn. perspective) level 3 hill groups would be tough to defeat.

That said, Roar has it at 9-1 Japanese favor. So, I would at least give the Brits the balance ( a second 648).
It's a enjoyable scenario, but possibly the least balanced of the pack. With the balance, it could be doable for the Australians.

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
DB153 Green Apples. This one was over quite quickly. I had the Japanese defence and set up everything south of the bridge, primarily on or near the hill on board t. The Allied drop was relatively concentrated. Two sticks dropped north of the river in close proximity to the bridge. Casualties were a Chinese 8-1 and squad which drifted south of the river and took the full brunt of Japanese fire from the main position on the board t hill. The third stick landed away to the southwest around the board t VC exit area.

While most of the personnel landed safely the same could not be said of the SW, particularly the bazookas, one landed offboard, one missed the bridge and landed in the river and the third was picked up by a relatively isolated HS but was fortuitously placed to interdict the road from the north east edge of Board x to the bridge.

The lack of LATW was critical as the first reinforcement group to enter was the armoured cars, which entered on that north eastern road, and once the Bazooka wielding HS gacked his shot, launched their own version of Graebner's charge on the bridge. This went much better for them than their predecessor. They then broke several squads in advancing fire and the following defensive fire phase, even taking out a HS in CC. Meanwhile my opponent broke and then x'ed a light mortar. When my next reinforcement group was revealed as the HaGo's my opponent conceded as the tanks, which are radio equipped in 1945 btw, would have been able to move to positions to eliminate a number of units for failure to rout (including the US 9-2) virtually unmolested.

So our game ended prematurely, which is a pity, as it looks like a fun scenario but given its a paratroop drop and the random nature of the reinforcements Its always possible it will be a blow out. Not helped in this case by my getting a couple of good fire phases before my opponent could get established. I'd still recommend giving it a go.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the scenario is balanced, the Brits have a tone of smoke to call upon to place on the hill edges and a ton of fire power to blast the japs back. The brits just need to take their time, gain concealment when needed, use their extra concealment for dummies and fake out the jap defense. I do not look at 9-1 on raor as unbalanced because it might take a couple of playings to get the gist of the scenario.

Ya, I thought about a festung defense but that would have been boring and too be honest, it is not a bad scenario but it is kind of boring for the japanese since most of the game, they are pretty much stuck in place defending their positions.

Scott
It's a enjoyable scenario, but possibly the least balanced of the pack. With the balance, it could be doable for the Australians.