So what scenarios have you played Recently?

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can download all of them from the Desperation Morale website. Played quite a few and most have been fun. Good variety.
Agreed. Most of the ones I’ve played are good too. Very old school ASL though.
(Not that I don’t enjoy that sometimes.)

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do not recognize "TAC50". What is this scenarios origin?
Tactiques 50, Osan, South, Korea

design by Philippe Naud

wow, I was late to answering this. I should have read ahead.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I do not purchase from they who shall not be named, I have found only excellent products being put out these days. Very few scenarios that we have used before in the Nor'easter's play list this year and a lot of good ones in there too. It was a banner year and if we kick the new Year off in style with Corregidor, LFT 14 magazine and Red Factories, we may well not be out of January and already have more quality ASL stuff than we would get in a year back in the lean days.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That's good news. As you know this pack saw very little action at ASLOK as very few were available for sale and i missed it too. Was wondering whether to buy it after all but what you say makes me eager to go for it.
Played this at ASLOK and had a whale if a time. Versus Ray Vicent who is a joy to play (He had a 57L ATG from hell) highly recommended. It is on the list for Malaya Madmen in Singapore at the end of July

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Today I played an upcoming classic, DTF-3 True Grit against my brother Teemu Lukkari. I lost as the Japanese.

This scenario has a really good attack counterattack thing going on and I feel my play did not do this one justice. I just did not get it right with all the assets Japanese have (MRT smoke, Banzais, DC Heroes) and my attack lost steam before I could get enough victory building before the inevitable 10-2 led counterattack. Also the air support failed to perform as the firs two sighting TCs failed, fortunately I was able to drop both bomb at the second attempt.

Anyway I will definitively give this one another go sometime later.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Magnus Rimvall and I played DB135 THE KRINKERTELWALD. I had the defending Americans. This was either the first or second time I have used Prepared Fire Zones. I used most of them on the right and in the middle and set up the MMG to take advantage of them. My middle gave way first, but I was able to save the units in the rout phase. By the last American turn, the Germans had taken the three central VC hexes. They were threatening the remaining two, but in the end were not able to take them.

Last edited:

RevJJ

Malf'ers of the Universe
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SP217 The Go Devils Despite successfully laying down a sN smoke wall with me JgPz Vs and making good progress CXing my infantry up behind the board 63 woods cluster in the middle of the map Turn 1, I got stalled for a few turns by breaking or pinning on every 2 to 4 fp even up shot sent my way through smoke and hindrances. With an ELR of 2, my infantry slid down hill real quick and my Jgs had to duke it out with hull down US TDs (M36 GMC). I lost two tanks (one to a TD, another to a 45 Baz) and sent one w/ riders, around the right flank where I had drawn the TDs protecting it to the center of the map. But the US MMGs on level 2 just had a field day with me by maintaining rate and consistently getting positive fire results on their long range 2fp shots. I conceded at the end of my Turn 4 as there was no way by that time I was going to punch through with my infantry and secure one of the VC buildings.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Got absolutely decimated at U22 Road to Kozani Pass. This is a terrific scenario where both attacker and defender are mobile. The defence start off weak but gets boosted by teams of reinforcements arriving at the scene. My Kiwis fought a desperate rear guard action whilst dragging an OQF down the street!!

https://hongkongwargamer.com/2018/09/25/u22-road-to-kozani-pass/
Screenshot 2018-12-16 at 16.31.13.png

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played WO28 Dean's Defiance. OK scenario. As the Americans, I set up on board j so I could have some fallback positions and hopefully do some damage to the entering North Koreans. My defense held solid in the east, but was less successful on the west. That's where the KPA entered on turn two. My friend used the "farmers" to take buildings on board i to lessen the KPA exit requirements. By turn 5 I still held a good portion of the center and and western sections of board j but they were under duress. My friend decided to count up his points including the buildings I still held. He didn't feel he could exit 60 VPs plus maybe 6 - 8 more for the buildings I held and called it. Not too exciting, just OK. I think the VP total is pretty steep. Taking prisoners is a must for the KPA. Slight recommend from me.

Having a few FW scenarios under my belt now, I'm wondering about that bazooka dud rule. Reading the footnotes, I get the justification for W.8A, but why for HEAT from a BAZ50? I read the footnotes for W.8 but the Germans can blast the same US and Russian tanks using HEAT without issue. Is it a bazooka thing (although it can't be because the rule will apply to all other weapons that fire HEAT as well)? I get this is a new theater, but it seems weird to me. I've only had this happen once, and that was with an older bazooka, but I'm going to feel pretty sad when a 32 To Kill Baz50 hit doesn't even result in a possible shock. Of course, I could be misreading the rule - lord knows I've done that MANY times - but this time I don't think so. Anyway, just an observation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blue Ridger Blues SP235 Bulge '44. I set up, except for 1 squad, to just hold the hill, giving the Germans the Sawmill. My opponent thought they were dummies anyway, and went after the hill in force. I got lucky with a couple of bazooka shots, and the German attack stalled. The Volksgrenadiers took heart though, and surged up the hill and into 3 buildings. I wasn't gonna drop the 155mm OBA, "danger close" module, but.... In the last turn, I needed to. My guys were in the bottom floor of stone buildings, and the Germans moving. You can imagine the rest. US victory.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
This was the most lopsided defeat in a long time. I played the American attacker in 150 Tanambogo Nightmare. In turn 1, the Japanese AA guns sunk three of my six landing crafts. There were quite a few rolled "2"s and other low numbers involved, and of course the three LCs had my three leaders in them.
In turn 2, the AA guns immobilized another LC, and a Japanese killstack sunk another one.
In turn 3, I finally unloaded my last remaining landing craft on Gaomi. In CC, I killed two crews and only lost one of my squads, and the last squad was killed in the subsequent turn when I rolled a 12 for an 2MC. With no troops left, I conceded the game...

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
So...….you're saying it was well titled?
Well titled, yes. Also, I suspect it isn't very well balanced. We have played it before, and although in that game the Americans managed to get a few more troops ashore, the Japanese won that, too, and it also wasn't close.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I played my last game of 2018 yesterday, Rockets Red Glare [195]. As many times as I have played this scenario I never had an opening as favorable as yesterday. I think I rolled seven snake eyes killing off whole squads of SS men. But Lady Luck is fickle and in desperation Dave Stephens rolled his Stug into the center victory hex and all my men decided that having passed every morale check through turn 4 decided to fail every one in turns five or six. It was simply unbelievable and in the end Dave won with his Stug and a squad and left in the victory hex with me trying to take them out with one heroic 9-2 and an 8-0 which would not have won me the game anyway as their accompanying squads broke due a couple of ROF's from the nearby Wirbelwind. :confused: