So what scenarios have you played Recently?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
We continued part II of "Verdict at Nuremberg", J144 Three for the Third (aka Drei im Weckla, as those familiar with Nuremberg culture like to call it), I still play the Germans.
I broke both my guns without firing a single shot - late war low quality, or even sabotage, I guess. But then, my tanks arrived and went on a killing spree. I even sent my SPW251/sMG tank hunting. It hit a Sherman in the back at point blank, but didn't kill it - but this is the last tank the Americans have.
There are two turns left for the Americans, and they will have to really rush to get to the objectives.

PaKfront

Ansel Petersen 5/8/1914-5/8/ 2002 308 CEB, 83 ID
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Retaking Veirville done with a German victory. I held on to 2 of the buildings till the last turn. An interesting turn 3 in hex P1, rolled two 12's on MC's wounding the officer and CR on a 548 squad then rolled a 2 and battle hardened a 548 to Fanatic and the last squad broke . The wounded and broke squads ran off to the woods to the south east.

Another German hero was generated in M4 and later went berserk and died in N5 , but he took out a US 8-1 in CC.

The Americans also generated a hero. Played my son in this one. Used ASLSK Scenario with ASL rules and no sniper

Up next is ASL B The Tractor Works on VASL vs Burnie Hegdahl

14639658_1039336949517082_3299063774257311727_n.jpg

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Here is my ASLOK harvest of good and bad scenarios. :study:

SP241 Esebeck's pursuit: very good action well-recreating the blitzkrieg frenzy.
YASL2 An Initial Skirmish: smallish and dicy.
YASL6 Hein Olshana: interesting and original.
AP112 First Ally: average scenario verging on dullness. Give Slovaks the balance.
VotG27 Drama, the Park and Deadly Things: small but intense VotG action. Germans may like being granted the balance.
STL12 What doesn't kill you: Fair PTO action. Chinese side is handicapped by relying only on two leaders.
RPT73 Sausage War: another fair PTO action.
SP256 De Veer's counterattack: taking some VC buildings might be at reach for Japanese, but resisting the counterattack of a bucketload of Dutchmen led by a 10-2 less so. Worth looking at.
SP264 Meet the old boss: duel of HMGs in the open. First one to blink loses. Not recommended.
J174 Heart of Athena: give balance to the partisan side and it is a very enjoyable scenario where VC buildings may change hands several times.
FrF23 Elephants Unleashed: high-quality Kursk action putting both sides on the edge.
SP254 Propitious Arrival: Tincan duel that becomes eventually boring.
SP259 Corridor of Extinction: Good late war action. Soviet need precise play to win.
RPT17 Hetzer Hunter: solid scenario, more subtle than it looks at first sight.
J175 Bedburg Bite: the best of the lot. Nail-biting action from beginning to the end. Only minor issue: possible sleaze with the Kangaroos. We agreed not to use such tricks.
WO18 A quick strike: pleasant PTO action, mostly because it's on the new board 74 (marsh).
AP109 Helluva Patrol Leader: average scenario, saved by the fact it will go until the last turn, if not the last CC.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Yesterday, we finished Date 2 of The Milk Factory/Riley's Road/The Operation Veritable Campaign. This time, I continued to roll high for my Canadians, but the German player rolled even higher - there were three boxcars alone during the Rally Phase, that helped me a lot. I achieved one of my objectives and failed miserably at the other (but it burned down in the Refit Phase, so that's that). 17 victory locations are under my control, I have 32 total VPs, but will likely face a 3:1 superior force during the coming night.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just finished up FT 94: Here Stands the Legion, from Le Franc Tireur #11. It features 16 squads of German infantry, backed up by 3 tanks, assaulting 10 squads of French Foreign Legion and a mix of mines, AT mines, trenches and roadblocks. The action swung back and forth several times as the German kill stack took out two French strong points then Yahtzeed its malf roll. The Germans tried a strong push on the east side of the village but were largely rebuffed by a wall of residual fire. The Legion won several critical close combat actions, including a half squad of escaped prisoners turning on their captors. On Turn 5 the Germans managed to rally 5 squads for a final push into the town, but ultimately were not able to take enough buildings to secure victory. Long live the Legion!

Last edited:

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Yesterday, we finished Date 2 of The Milk Factory/Riley's Road/The Operation Veritable Campaign. This time, I continued to roll high for my Canadians, but the German player rolled even higher - there were three boxcars alone during the Rally Phase, that helped me a lot. I achieved one of my objectives and failed miserably at the other (but it burned down in the Refit Phase, so that's that). 17 victory locations are under my control, I have 32 total VPs, but will likely face a 3:1 superior force during the coming night.
after_date_2_small.jpg
That's the state so far. "C" are Canadian setup areas, "D" are the Deutsche.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today Doc Rob from Spokane Washington stopped by my place to play a scenario and take a break from his seminar in downtown Chicago. We played J118 Elephants Unleashed with Rob taking the Germans. The Game did go down to the wire with the Germans exiting 23 VP off the map (they needed at least 22) for the win. Great scenario still and one we both had fun playing.

Scott

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kool Running RPT 87 Sicily, US 2nd Armored V. a German gun position- 2 50mm, 1 88mm, with loads of Italian infantry. Seems rough on the Axis. The Germans kept their guns concealed, but got swarmed by the 6-6-7s. We even changed the VC for our playing- to make it and Axis unit in possession of an gun wins it for them- as all the Germans were killed off, but it did not help. US victory.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At Last the Spree H.o.B. BRV4 Night bridge crossing. The Soviets have all the tools, but the SS have the position. NVR dropped to 0 on the first turn and stayed there. My first try at the bridge was a bloody failure, but I did get the 9-2 across with 2 squads. The SS DC on the bridge did not harm it, and they could not get back out on it, as it was filled with broken Soviets. My vehicles finally started to get lucky, and reduced the numbers of Germans shooting up the bridge. The end game saw the T-34/85 burning on the bridge, but the ISU made it. The Soviets cleared out a bridgehead in spite of strong and capable resistance. Good scenario, good HASL.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Played Flying Turrets from CoS. Expected a lot. Got some but felt shortchanged. As defender, your options are relatively limited (although the pregame setup is interesting like for all super-large scenarios). Fire, fire, fire, bam, bam, bam!
'that's over, no more vehicles'
'ah?!'
The management of acquisition was cumbersome and i liked better Clash along the Psel where acqs were banned. In the game, only one vehicle made it across the ATDitch, to be welcomed the hex after by an APCR round (i rolled better than average for TH, it has to be said). Germans lost around 15 vehicles for a total of around 110 VP. I do not regret having played the scenario, i had a good time, but the tactical intensity was not as high as i expected.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Played a couple of scenarios today with my ftf buddy Rich. First we played DftB Thorn in the Side. I was the IJA and Rich was the Brits. This is a weird little scenario where the Brits have to set up on level three hill hexes with their armor and the brit infantry set up with or next to the armor. The IJA then set up >= 2 hexes from the brit armor and armed with 5 DC's!! Basically the Brits have to withstand several assaults by the IJA, their Heros, and the DC onslaught. Rich had set up all his armor in a cluster around one of the hills, And my IJA then set up nearby and the carnage began. I used the DC's on the Brit infantry and CC'ed the Armor with my MMC's with Tank hunters helping out. By turn 3 it was all but over. We talked about what could be done like having the armor on separate hills and forcing the japs to assault those three different areas but I think it might not work, too many DC's and IJA guys for lone strong points to hold up against plus I personally disliked this scenario, it kind of reminded me of space invaders video game.

Next up we played RPT 103 Nicolai's Star, now this was a fun and interesting scenario with the Russians attacking the Hungarians in December 1944. The Hungarians get back up later in the game in the form of a German Kempfgruppe consisting of a couple of Panthers and Halftracks along with a few squads. I was the Axis defending the Village against the mean and nasty Russian horde. Things were going fairly well until Rich's dice got red hot and crited my 82mm MTR, his 10-3 was just hell on me as I just could get my armor close enough to affect him. The scenario did go down to turn 6 but my Axis dudes just did not have any fight left in them. Still, a super fun scenario and one I can play as either side.

Scott

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
SP154 THE ROAD TO HELL.

I played the Germans. Bruno L'Archeveque played the Allied side. I set up three foxholes behind hedges or walls to be able to hide during the German turns.
The Allies lost one Sherman early to the JP5, thinking the Sherman was out of sight. The paratroopers also had problems with passing MC. Bruno conceded after five Allied turns.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FT167 WASP STING

Thanks to Jim Rudek for hosting me to play this scenario while in BC. I had the Germans and managed to survive the Canadian onslaught, but the situation was in doubt until the final turn. A lucky panzerfaust shot at a Wasp in smoke was likely the tipping point.

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scenario is one I'm working up, but in turn 1 a notable event occurred during a playtest that I thought I'd share. It's a US paradrop, I have something for para scenarios. Weird things seem to happen with small unit actions and I guess weird can be fun and/or cool. (see that ASL nomenclature usage joke..?)

Anyway, a broken US HS, remnants of a die hard Airborne sqd shot up mercilessly as they were trying to escape their chutes, along with an GO 8-0, is adjacent to a GO German squad at the start of German RtPhase. US HS surrenders, 8-0 says nuts and drinks his Juggernog. Germans herd the POWs along with them into the 8-0 hex. OG hex so no bushwack, the German 2:1 DR is 9, wiffed. The 8-0 attacks at 1:4 and DR is 2...German eliminated. I think the unarmed HS is still unarmed, I posted a Q in the rules section, but I thought that this story might entertain you a bit.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Bruce, Yeah, I think the phrase 'that IT (my caps) eliminated' will sink the re-arm, barring Q&A on the subject. This from A20.551.

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
V1 rules leave out the word "it", leaning more toward rearming, the addition of the word "it" in that sentence in V2 rules seems to indicate that the idea is that the prisoners must participate in the CC to rearm. I have to agree after having put the game away..
http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/unarmed-in-awe.128777/

Thanks for your reply Carl, hope all is well with you and yours.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
March on Marche DB 134 Meeting engagement, Belgium 1940. The French will get mauled, but can they hold back the Germans for long enough? I've never had 37* gun armed tanks do so well. With heavy vehicle losses, the German Infantry will still tear up the French Infantry, but they will not be able to cross a lot of ground quickly. French victory. Good scenario.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played Confusion Reigns with Kevin Russell yesterday. A simple little scenario where the GIs simply need to kill twice what they lose. The snipers mostly stayed out of the way while the infantry slugged it out, and three separate squads went berserk and all charged to their doom (1 German, 2 US). A lengthy melee in the middle of the board channeled the American attack into a kill zone, delaying them for two turns. The German HMG rolled 11 on five consecutive attacks, and each time I thought how lucky it was that it hadn't broken, instead of how my squad in the upper level stone building surely had something better to do... fun little game, sporting opponent.