So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Played AP94 Show of Force with Bob's German taking the win by turn 5. Not really a fun scenario for the defender as you pretty much have to hunker down around the VC area and just try to keep a GO unit alive until game end. Also did not help that I rolled boxcars on my initial shot with the 76L ART piece then Bob Crited my T-34 for good measure. Very dicey but meant for tourney play. Dont know if I really want to play anything else out of this pack with most of the VC',s being exit and / or heavy math involved.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi-

Played AP94 Show of Force with Bob's German taking the win by turn 5. Not really a fun scenario for the defender as you pretty much have to hunker down around the VC area and just try to keep a GO unit alive until game end. Also did not help that I rolled boxcars on my initial shot with the 76L ART piece then Bob Crited my T-34 for good measure. Very dicey but meant for tourney play. Dont know if I really want to play anything else out of this pack with most of the VC',s being exit and / or heavy math involved.
That for sure does not help much, Scott.
Anyway, thanks for playing !

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you should have spread out the VC to encompass 3 VC areas, open up the boards and maybe have added another full board along with upping the OB and avoid the only valuable piece the Russians have is lost to boxcars syndrome. Add some some fortifications, more guns and armor to really give the scenario a unique flavor. As of now, the Russian just hunkerdown in a sitzkrieg defense awaiting the German sledgehammer. Not very exciting.

That for sure does not help much, Scott.
Anyway, thanks for playing !

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you should have spread out the VC to encompass 3 VC areas, open up the boards and maybe have added another full board along with upping the OB and avoid the only valuable piece the Russians have is lost to boxcars syndrome. Add some some fortifications, more guns and armor to really give the scenario a unique flavor.
Other than that, don't change a thing.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure.
Russian player must take 49F9, the overlay at 22W4, 22F5, and the(not seen) Bd.6 chateau.
All buildings on Bd.22 & 49 >=3 hexes are factories. Gully & stream are A-T ditches, but the bridges exist.
Russian 6-2-8 MMC are assault engineers. T-34/85s with bow mounted FTs roam the battlefield,
and the Russians also have BIG artillery pieces towed on for reducing strongpoints/making smoke.
ISU-152s on the prowl as well.
When is this gonna be available !!!!:headbang:

That's my kind of scenario...:yummy:

What goodies to the Germans get?? Come on don't leave me hanging... You haven't posted it yet....oh yea, I got to post this first ...:nuts:

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When is this gonna be available !!!!:headbang:

That's my kind of scenario...:yummy:

What goodies to the Germans get?? Come on don't leave me hanging... You haven't posted it yet....oh yea, I got to post this first ...:nuts:
No idea when it's going to be available. It's just in the playtest phase.
As for the German/Hungarian forces;
they've got 25 squads(4 different types) a handful+ of leaders, 2 ATGs, 1 88mm flak, a bunch of outclassed tanks,
wire, A-P mines, lots of MGs, ammo shortage, fortified locations, sewer movement, HIP-ies, a bunch of "?" counters,
PSKs, and 1945 PFs.
Against the Russians;
38 Elite squads(2 types), FTs, DCs, good leadership, a bunch of MGs, Assault Engineers(smoke exponent), x5 Big Nasty Assault Guns,
followed on by 6 T-34/85s(x2 with bow mounted FTs), BIG artillery towed on, SMOKE, SMOKE, and more SMOKE,
and 10 turns to get the job done.
No quarter, and H-T-H Melee. Bring your 10PML(personal morale level), you'll need it.
Remember...you asked.:laugh:

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
they've got 25 squads(4 different types) a handful+ of leaders, 2 ATGs, 1 88mm flak, a bunch of outclassed tanks,
wire, A-P mines, lots of MGs, ammo shortage, fortified locations, sewer movement, HIP-ies, a bunch of "?" counters,
PSKs, and 1945 PFs.
Against the Russians;
38 Elite squads(2 types), FTs, DCs, good leadership, a bunch of MGs, Assault Engineers(smoke exponent), x5 Big Nasty Assault Guns,
followed on by 6 T-34/85s(x2 with bow mounted FTs), BIG artillery towed on, SMOKE, SMOKE, and more SMOKE,
No quarter, and H-T-H Melee. Bring your 10PML(personal morale level), you'll need it.
Gotta love the OT-34/85.... I like the sound of this one already.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PSKs, and 1945 PFs.
Against the Russians;
Sounds great.. Kinda like a Festung Budapest scenario..

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played RPT72 Yangtze Doodle at our Twin Cities ASL game day. A clean, simple all-infantry scenario that plays fast. It was a tough day for the Chinese in what otherwise appears to be a very even scenario. The Japanese dice were very, VERY HOT. Chinese, not so much. Snakes on two critical CCs and one CH on a 50mtr shot on a stone building that broke (via a 1MC) a 9-1. The corker was a wounded 9-1 (8-0) banzaied the 447/MMG/Hero in a stone building, ends up a hex short because of the wound, but advances in. No ambush. 6-1 and 1-6 HTH. Chinese dispatches me with his roll; Japanese roll a 1,1 to take out the defenders. Game pretty much over. Fun scenario on a board I had not played before.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just printed off the first map for my forth coming Kursk CG, Scenario PJP#1 'Four riders of the Apocalypse', is what is being played & play tested on map one, 4 Tiger 1E and a small group of LAH Grenadiers and kit holding off a battalion of T-34 M43 just south west of hill 252 near Prokhorovka on 12 July 43.
I am hoping to have 3 maps maybe 4 in the set, and roughly 10 scenario's and a CG based on the 3 maps covering the fighting by Liebstandarte and 29th Tank Corps & 18th Tank Corps of 5th Guards Tank Army on the 12th July 1943.

Cheers

Perry

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
WO2 Failure to Communicate. 5th game for the year, and first win! I'm on a roll (I hope).....

Great early war scenario with tin cans and can openers. The French 25LL took out two of my Pz 38(t)s, burning one, while my tanks took out both his armoured cars and the two tankettes.

I captured the five multi hex buildings easy enough, but he had a chance to get the CVP cap by killing two of my tanks in his last player turn CC phase. The French squads were brave enough to attack (passed their PAATC rolls) but did not know how to destroy tanks in CC, both failed. A great and close game, well worth playing this scenario.

Bill

ironmike1944

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure, lets have more scenarios where the defender hunkers down around a VC area and call it last man standing <yawn>

Scott
What's the matter Scott, haven't you seen Kelly's Heroes, where the German tanker refuses to abandon his Tiger in the town square in front of the bank. What's wrong with fighting to the last man! But then again your not an ex grunt, just an ex MP.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Jean-Pierre Raymond and I played three turns of J69 THE ARMY AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD. I had the French and conceded. My initial setup was flawed because I thought the Japanese needed both VC rather than either VC. Although I was able to react to that error, at the end of turn 3, the French 60 was gone, 1 MMG was gone, 1 MMG was malfed and the 81 crew had just been whacked by the sniper. As well, we had heavy rain, so the Japanese were making decent progress along the road.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Last night finished FF9- "Ghost Of Napoleon" from the HOB SS Update Pack. Scott's SS made a hard push to evict me from his needed VC hexes, but my Reds fought like lions and never gave them up. He needed Control of 6 building hexes and came up short with only 4. As mentioned in the 'Rules and Errata' sub-forum, this was the first time someone had attempted to VBM-freeze a unit of mine twice in the same MPh with two different AFV. My 4-5-8 whacked the first one, and needing a 3 on the second one, proceeded to roll 1,1 and generate an 8-1 who changed it to a Burning Wreck. Fun scenario.

This morning Jamey and I finished off the last couple of turns of ESG 91- "It's Not Over". I really enjoyed this one as well. It was roughly 30 French/15 German on ROAR so my Germans were given the printed balance; replacing a reinforcing 8-0 with an 8-1. This balancing measure did not seem to have much, if any, of an effect as it seemed to me to be fairly well balanced as is. Afterwards, I wondered how come the ROAR data appeared so lop-sided in favor of the French. Anyhow, I channeled my entire force of attacking Germans through the grain between the hills and simply kept smashing forward, leaving Jamey to guess until late-game whether I was going for the EVP or building Control VC.

Bottom of Turn 5, I didn't think the EVP any longer realistically possible, so I surged towards the buildings across the gully. The game ended with 3 crazy CC Locations, and I only needed Control of one more of those buildings for the win. 1) I advanced a CX, Wounded 6+1 in with his 4-5-7, no Ambush. I rolled snakes which only CR'd him, and he whacked me. [I couldn't have completely eliminated him, but thought it would be a fun CC to resolve. :devious:] 2) I advanced a 5-4-8 in with his Pinned 9-1 leader and I got the Ambush. 4:1, -1. I ROLLED A 10! It CR'd the 9-1, but it WASN'T a mortal wound! STILL Controlled by the French! 3) I needed this last one for the win! I advanced two CX 4-6-7s in with a Pinned Crew. I got him, and he didn't get me. Blast of a game, I hadn't had a scenario come down to the very last turn CC in a while.

Both fun scenarios, and keen competition from both opponents.

(Both played Cardboard via Skype. :smoke:)

Last edited:

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Played RPT71 the Monetake Mambo, Japanese vs. Chinese, a Rally Point scenario. It is basically a meeting engagement in semi-urban area and a race to grab the 5 stone multihex buildings on the map. The Japanese got the advantage of moving first, but there is a HIP Chinese HMG on the way. Needless to say the placement and performance of it are crucial on the outcome of this small scenario that plays fast. Good format for initiating newbies to Japanese and Chinese national characteristics without the PTO terrain rules.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played RPT72 Yangtze Doodle at our Twin Cities ASL game day. A clean, simple all-infantry scenario that plays fast. It was a tough day for the Chinese in what otherwise appears to be a very even scenario. The Japanese dice were very, VERY HOT. Chinese, not so much. Snakes on two critical CCs and one CH on a 50mtr shot on a stone building that broke (via a 1MC) a 9-1. The corker was a wounded 9-1 (8-0) banzaied the 447/MMG/Hero in a stone building, ends up a hex short because of the wound, but advances in. No ambush. 6-1 and 1-6 HTH. Chinese dispatches me with his roll; Japanese roll a 1,1 to take out the defenders. Game pretty much over. Fun scenario on a board I had not played before.
Houlie DiceTM

Hope it was recalled that if the SMC had expended > 3 MF before his wound he pins... even if he is Japanese... even if he is a hero.

JT

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Rich Domovitch and I played AP10 AP95 Operation Kutuzov With my Germans pulling out a victory on turn 6. Rich had manages to exit two T-70's but lost his heavy and medium tanks to my Elephant, Stug, ATG and two Pz IIIJ's. He did knock out my Elephant with a side shot with one of his SU152's before my AT gun blew it up, his one Crew took out my Stug. This is a fun and interesting scenario but with typical pete shelling wackyness, the threat of HIP guys in the upper part of board 69 kinda hurts the Russian advance. The DC in the German OB is there to blow up a building which will take 5 VP's away from the Russians and if the Germans are feeling real frisky, they could possibly take their armor and crash into single hex stone buildings to try and rubble them. So a decent scenario only marred by bug hunts and the possibility of rubbling buildings. As for which reinforcements to take, as the Germans, the Elephant and stug are no brainers, they can set up on map and give the Russians headaches. For the Russians, take the T-70's, they are your exit guys, the Mithilda's are just way to slow to really do anything I think.

All in all, fun scenario, if played at a tourney, I would recommend Rubbled buildings still count as VP's. Is the scenario even? If not for the bug hunt and rubbling, I would say yes, but with the loss of a building and slow progress due to looking for bad guys, I would say this one slightly favors the germans.