So what is the next HASL from MMP going to be?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wasn't that Pegasus Bridge? - could have been BR:T as well I guess.

Regardless, a redo of Tarawa (or any old HASL) would be a lot of work.
Yes, Pegasus Bridge (the CG that will not be mentioned by name by my group) was being offered for as little as $15.00 USD just to get rid of the overproduction IIRC. (At least you got some decent off the wall vehicle counters and a few more British concealment counters. Nice looking map).

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Dinant and Manila would certainly be worth a look with a view to purchasing.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Common man...we got east front out the wahzoo already...we need the Stalingrad of the pacific...

Manila! Manila! Manila! Manila! Manila!
That is my first choice but Ponyri comes a close second. How many huge tank battle HASLs do we have?

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not Ponyri?
'Slaughter at Ponyri' has cleared it's last major hurdle- Playtest of the huge CG has been completed.

Now we still have some discussion and some 'final' playtesting, but the work is 90% done. In fact, we are at the stage of deciding 'required counter inventory'.

I expect Dinant next (as the French counters from CdG need to be reprinted as part of the process if not the product) , then either this or the Normandy thing (Which I have limited knowledge of) .

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
It was A BRIDGE TO FAR and perhaps PEGASUS BRIDGE as well .. by AH and not MMP. AH was going out of business.
It was November 2004, and I was playing since April
It was MMP and I bought everything
Action Pack #2 $10
PB $15
BRT, KGPII e ABTF at $ 20 each.
OV $ 27

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
back in my college days I was able to afford ASL stuff. Now you have to be well off to buy ASL stuff, I mean, 150 bucks for RF is silly, a couple of paper maps, some counters and a box seem's none to kosher to me. But then again, the hobby is dying so who cares, just keep the prices and unaffordable.

It was November 2004, and I was playing since April
It was MMP and I bought everything
Action Pack #2 $10
PB $15
BRT, KGPII e ABTF at $ 20 each.
OV $ 27

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I think it was MMP - not AH - that were selling - I still think it was PB (could have been ABtF as well) -for $5-10.

Also, IIRC, ABtF was MMP - not AH - it was published in 1999 I think - wasn't AH sold then? I could be remembering wrong.
I picked up 5 copies of ABTF at WO for $5 each. I could have made a fortune selling the counters. Gave them all away. --jim