So what do you hope Santa brings for your ASL kit this year?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm hoping for a ITR2 - bit of an optimist, but hey..... :D

other items for my ASL stuff this holiday season on the wish list include a copy of the Walker Playtest Journals ( still don't have them yet :(...) ; a new set of battledice from Chris ( not sure which ones I want most, but another set would be sweet); and a Deluxe Pack 1 from LFT ( nope, still don't have a copy yet ;)......)

so what are you hoping lands under your tree???

BTW : Happy holidays to all :D

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I hope for a big game table that lowers majestically from the ceiling amidst a symphony of flashing neon lights (Star Wars "Imperial March" playing on the background) and goes back up with a half played game. It will go flush with the ceiling with a ceiling lamp dangling underneath.

Now, if we are allowed to let our imagination run completely wild, I will wish for shipping rates for stuff coming out of the States to be as cheap as shipping rate going in.

Rgds Jack

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Seeing how little my wife is fond of my collection of counters, maps, rules binders and so on taking up space at home (even though her books take up about ten times as much space), I don't expect Santa to bring much in this regard.

But if we're talking year-long, self-paid Santa, I'm a bit more optimistic :) I'm about sure I'll end up ordering some of the TPP modules out there before the end of 2017.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. An unused copy of Operation Veritable.

2. Blood and Jungle.

Looking ahead to Christmas 2017, the Afrika Korps/8th Army set of Battledice. :)

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All those dividers pull out ... and the interior is 31 x 8.75 x 4 inches, so I can use the dividers to fence off an area for the maps.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ok so I got the one ASL item I did not have in my inventory, thanks to my wife.

Attachments

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hmm, my wife is very accomodating of my various hobbies, including some she cannot begin to understand, but that doesn't go far enough that she'd offer me ASL stuff.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmm, my wife is very accomodating of my various hobbies, including some she cannot begin to understand, but that doesn't go far enough that she'd offer me ASL stuff.
I've found it is far less expensive in "wife points" to ask for ASL stuff, rather than, say, asking for tip money for the dancer's g-strings at the local strip club ;)

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1st year in a long time that i got zero ASL.

It's OK, I will pick up Yanks2 & ITR2 when I get the cash.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
tape up all those zippers, they can scratch or tear the maps.
a piece of large pocket bubble-wrap would probably do the job nicely, and prevent the boards from sliding around inside as well so much. Cut it to fit and fill the gaps then it can serve dual purpose and is easily replaceable as the board collection expands and you need less of it, to finally a small layer of small sized bubbles when the case is almost full.

:)