So what are you buying at MMP's Spooktacular Sale Tomorrow?

Megaloman

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think I'll get some Special Ops for my Starter Kit collection mainly.

Also, it's a great opportunity to get Journal #2, so I'll probably be picking that one up, too. Seems like a lot of value.

CarlZog

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Decision at Elst and Journal #2 are just too cheap for this ASL newb to ignore.

Has anybody played Angola?

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Grabbing Storm over Stalingrad as I can see me playing that again, but the buddy who had the game is located far away now. Not meant as a recommendation, but if you like those type of games (as I do), you might want to grab them. First time actually ordering during this time as I usually have what I wanted from when it first came out.

Kind of a 'meh' sale if you ask me, but good for those who missed a thing or two over the last couple of years.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I usually buy multiple copies of Out of The Attic 2 to give to new players, because it has excellent articles and scenarios, and it's cheap. It's a great hook for newbies when you send them home with something so enticing. But I already have 4 copies.

So, I'm buying:

2 x AP 10
2 x AP 12
Angola - Ragnor brothers make excellent games. I cannot recommend highly enough their game Fire and Axe: A Viking Saga. Great fun.

I will not buy:

AP 11 - all Bocage scenarios. Bocage sucks and is over produced. I hope Chas and Ken are over their Bocage fetish and we never ever see another Bocage scenario from MMP.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. Sure. Except for that Normandy Airborne HASL thing they are working on. At least for a while anyway.

JR
Cr@p!!!

Don't understand their reasoning for more and more Bocage. Way too many Bocage modules already. Hopefully, many other HASLs will see the light before it. Didn't buy Elst and won't buy Normandy Airborne.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I own all the ASL items on sale, (EXC: two scenarios in Special Ops 6), so nada for me.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just took a look. Can't find anything worth the shipping for (anywhere from 50% to 100% increase in total cost, at which point it's cheaper buying retail here) .. urgh ..

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Picked up the following:
April's Harvest
In Their Quiet Fields
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #7

Did not buy WO 7 yet, so thought it might be a good time to buy it plus I also might want to try the Civil War stuff too. Cant beat 17 or 18 bucks for a couple of kool Civil War games.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CWB games are superb, but I already own all of them in duplicate. I'm looking at King Phillips War due to the local connection but I'm disappointed that Kingdom of Heaven is still rather steep.

Dave Olie

High King of New Scotland
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I passed on Best of Friends and AP #11 and #12 when they were first offered, but at these prices, and all bundled together to save shipping costs, I was successfully seduced. And I also took a copy of Special Ops #2, because that Ukraine '44 game looks like something I'd play. That's a lot of stuff for under $100 Canadian.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just took a look. Can't find anything worth the shipping for (anywhere from 50% to 100% increase in total cost, at which point it's cheaper buying retail here) .. urgh ..
Yup. pretty much the same in the UK. I own all the ASL products already, in any case.

A quick example: Storm over Stalingrad, even with the generous price reduction works out at $80.00 equivalent. The Greatest Day offers a huge discount for prospective buyers but once again by the time it arrives in the UK gamers' hands it will cost $264. Pre devaluation of the £ then GTS would still have been a real bargain, no longer I'm afraid. I could buy Storm over Stalingrad in the UK for $48.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I already own all the GTS series games. Superb system. Very playable monsters, if you have the space to leave the larger scenarios set up for an extended period of time. One a two mappers are easily playable over a weekend or less. I slight step up in terms of unit scale from ASL but the tactical feel is there in spades. If you live in the USA the reduced price is an absolute steal. There's even a Wittmann hero counter for those so inclined :)