So, Martians Really Existed!

Reaction score
I thought a few years back they had found a meteorite (supposedly originating from Mars) on earth that contained fossilized life forms?

Priest

Reaction score
Yeah there's martians...one of them lived with Tim O'Hara in the 60's :laugh:

Last edited:

hydrou

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Oh, what a pity, such a highly developed race just vanishes. :cheeky:

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hydrou said:
Oh, what a pity, such a highly developed race just vanishes. :cheeky:
Which gets me wondering...suppose we have a permanent moon or martian base, how do the inhabitants get their water? Delivery from Earth? Can they make their own water somehow?

The only thing that makes sense to me is placing the inhabitants within an artificial biosphere with 100% water reuse even if it's urine or feces or vapor from breath and perspiration. It's possible although technically tricky.

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
MonsterZero said:
Which gets me wondering...suppose we have a permanent moon or martian base, how do the inhabitants get their water? Delivery from Earth? Can they make their own water somehow?

The only thing that makes sense to me is placing the inhabitants within an artificial biosphere with 100% water reuse even if it's urine or feces or vapor from breath and perspiration. It's possible although technically tricky.
One word.

Dune!

MikeJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe they could harness the water (if it is frozen water, as opposed to frozen CO2, jury still out on that one) in the polar ice caps. If it's water, a permanent Mars base could be made self-sufficient (in a non-technical sense).

It's a shame that even if they embarked on a programme to terraform Mars, none of us would live long enough to see it complete... but it's a worthwhile venture... another planet for us to suck dry of resources ;).

hydrou

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Then let´s head to mars, what are we waiting for? X-Mas?:cheeky:

Somebody still know this sentence in a slightly changed way from a game?