So did anyone find they had a life without Gamesquad

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So what did you do besides going nuts. I know our gaming group were posting back and forth without it. So, either how did you cope or did you develop a life?

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So what did you do besides going nuts. I know our gaming group were posting back and forth without it. So, either how did you cope or did you develop a life?
Oh yeah...I found a whole new calling.

But I found that clicking on the GameSquad link every 10 minutes or so for the last 2-3 weeks 24x7 really takes a toll.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Oh yeah...I found a whole new calling.

But I found that clicking on the GameSquad link every 10 minutes or so for the last 2-3 weeks 24x7 really takes a toll.
Glad I was not the only one doing that, nope, just concentrated on map building and writing some Scenario up, and played a few turns against Jeff, gonna pick up the pace on that front later this weekend I hope.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I caught up with Consimworld a bit. I faded away from CSW over the last year as I found my interest in non-ASL games easing.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
nope, just switched courses and got re-acquainted with GMT's Downtown rules and scenarios as I've got upcoming opponent for this lovely gem of a game ;)

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I had to post a last-minute "opponent wanted" on BGG instead of here, but it seems that worked out ok.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I found I do have a life without GS. But I did miss it a bit.

The Dew

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm happy to have my primary source of ASL information back in business. What i appreciate the most from GS is the gamers point of view; facts, opinions, rules clarifications, etc. I've always enjoyed looking through the posts and I'm glad to see it return now looking better than ever.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
What i appreciate the most from GS is the gamers point of view; facts, opinions, rules clarifications, etc.
Agreed. There are a number of hardcore ASL players on FB, but there are also quite a few dabblers and a fair few of those who openly admit to not playing at all. There also seems to be quite a few there still playing SL that like to trumpet/argue its merits compared to ASL. I like GS because it is the 'hardcore ASL haven'.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I just made sure that the ASLOK site was still functioning and in fact updated with the first wave of participants. That's the only thing I care about at the moment. Besides, the current election campaign provides enough entertainment.

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I spent more time perusing BGG and CSW. But they just aren't the same. I found it humorous that on a couple of sites, one was a WWII history site, people were talking about the GS forum and that all the ASL guys were "freaking out" over gamesquad being down and having nowhere else to go. :D I did fall into exploring some other games, but nothing that would make me abandon ASL, that's for sure.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I found it humorous that on a couple of sites, one was a WWII history site, people were talking about the GS forum and that all the ASL guys were "freaking out" over gamesquad being down and having nowhere else to go.
That's embarrassing......

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I found the two main ASL Facebook pages were NOT a good alternative. FB is good to comment facts or news, but not as a forum where you have available at the same time dozens of discussions and not only one or two. The weeks without GS have revealed me this truth.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found the two main ASL Facebook pages were NOT a good alternative. FB is good to comment facts or news, but not as a forum where you have available at the same time dozens of discussions and not only one or two. The weeks without GS have revealed me this truth.
I agree. I admit that I was jonseing for GS to come back and am glad that it is back.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's embarrassing......
Yes it is, but imagine what some would think/say if the saw some of the melt donws on this site, especially when they saw what started them! now THAT would/could be embarrassingo_O