Sniper vs Motorcyclist

Nearmiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings Council,

Does a 2 Sniper attack effect a motorcycle rider? If so, how?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I would assume no effect (unless the rider was a SMC).

Motorcycles are shot at as if the target was just infantry:

D15.5 TARGET STATUS: Fire is directed at the Rider of the motorcycle - not at the motorcycle itself and therefore does not cause any Collateral Attack or Immobilization result. Motorcyclists are considered an Infantry Target Type with no Target Size modifier. However, all fire vs a mounted motorcyclist is subject to a -1 To Hit DRM for ordnance or a -1 IFT DRM for non-ordnance weapons.​

Thus, your Sniper dr2 would result in a Pin result versus an MMC, which is NE for motorcyclists:

D15.54 PTC: A Pin result has no effect vs a motorcyclists so PTC are not resolved vs them...​

However, if your rider was a SMC, he would be wounded by the shot, though he wouldn't have to bail out:

15.56 WOUNDS: A motorcyclist which is wounded suffers no additional effects and may continue movement with his normal four MF allotment (A17.2). He does not have to Bail Out or dismount.​

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Related question. Would the motorcyclists be a target of a 2 sniper activation since it can have no effect vs him?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Related question. Would the motorcyclists be a target of a 2 sniper activation since it can have no effect vs him?
Yes...I think.:oops: Since a dr1 would affect him. Hmmm.....

Edit: Yes again (after review). I don't believe that the dr2 changes that a motorcycle rider is an eligible target (A14.22)

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Yes...I think.:oops: Since a dr1 would affect him. Hmmm.....

Edit: Yes again (after review). I don't believe that the dr2 changes that a motorcycle rider is an eligible target (A14.22)
Quite like a (DM) broken unit still is an eligible target.