Sniper selection and SMC use of ATR

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Playing today two things cropped up:
  1. Can a SMC use an ATR? I said yes - if you look on the "Support Weapons Chart" it states 1. Which to me was one SMC fires at full effect. My opponent's response was "that must be the pp cost". He was fixed on A9.12 which states ",while two SMC stacked together may fire any one SW at full FP". Which he stated means two SMC to fire an ATR. So who is right please?
  2. Sniper selection. Sniper lands next to a squad in a foxhole with a leader and a squad outside the foxhole in open ground. Another equidistant target is a half squad in open ground. Looking at the rules the foxhole is in the same location but gives +2 TEM to the unit inside. So what happens when the sniper has to select the target in the lowest TEM?
Apologies for troubling everyone but I put in "SMC use of ATR" in the search and it comes up "keywords are too short or common". So can I add the question please how do I improve my searches? :)

Many thanks everyone.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A single SMC can fire an ATR at full effect.

C13.21 USAGE: Any unbroken Infantry unit can use an ATR but such use constitutes use of a SW (A7.35).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The Sniper player gets to choose which hex the Sniper attack occurs in, since both hexes have eligible target units that have a TEM of 0 - A14.21.

Note that if the hex with the foxhole is choosen, that unit is included in the Random Selection to see what unit is "hit" with the Sniper attack. The TEM is only used to determine the hex.