Sniper and Cavalry

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
That is what we figured. If that is the case, could the cavalry be considered an ineligible target and allow the sniper to attack another hex?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Similar thing to a SAN 2 landing on a unarmed, unarmored vehicle. It's very disappointing.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Similar thing to a SAN 2 landing on a unarmed, unarmored vehicle. It's very disappointing.

JR
" A14.22 NON-TARGETS: All units are eligible Sniper targets except AFV with no Vulnerable PRC, units in subterranean [EXC: Caves; G11.8] or Interior-Building Locations, prisoners, or hidden/friendly/Aerial units. Enemy PRC are Vulnerable to Sniper attack if they are CE and/or occupy a Partially Armored AFV or unarmored vehicle. An unarmored vehicle with no PRC (14.33) can be considered an ineligible target at the Option of the Sniper player."

Just a very similar situation came up in my game this morning.

Looking at A14.22, it seems that per A14.22 in the case you describe, the unarmed, unarmored vehicle may be considered inelegible at the option of the Sniper player.

In our case, it was a armored unarmed vehicle (British M5(a)). It was under Recall gacked its Mechanical Reliability. In this, it blocked a vital vertex I needed for VBM. Now it appeared to suck up a Sniper.

After pondering the issue for some time, we came to the conclusion, that despite being unarmed and having no Vulnerable PRC (it only has an Inherent Driver), it is an elegible target.

Reviewing this now, I think we played this wrong because as per D1.6 it is "any armor" that makes it an AFV while any form of armament is not required. So it would have been an inelegible target as an AFV with no vulnerable PRC (inherent Driver only).

von Marwitz