Sniper activation and HIP

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One a Sniper activation Dir/Dis roll has been made can a HIP unit reveal itself in order to redirect the target?

grabowbe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello:

More specifically this is addressed in A12.14
The owning player can voluntarily remove any concealment at any time during his or his opponent’s Player Turn [EXC:
between when a Sniper target hex Random Location DR (14.2) is made and the Sniper counter is relocated].

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually you are looking for the middle of A12.14 {EXC: between when a Sniper target hex Random Location DR (14.2) is made and the Sniper counter is relocated].

This was added after my suggestion when I was doing playtesting a someone did exactly what the OP wants to do.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Gamey as Hell.
Glad they added the non sleaze rule

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So taking a bullet for another person is not ok?

:D (Just kidding, I think it's a good rule.)

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually you are looking for the middle of A12.14 {EXC: between when a Sniper target hex Random Location DR (14.2) is made and the Sniper counter is relocated].

This was added after my suggestion when I was doing playtesting a someone did exactly what the OP wants to do.

So the HIP could be revealed between the Activation dr and the Location DR.

Seth

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
How does that even make a difference before or after?
You'll know where its going...so if you reveal after you see the DR, it doesn't matter in the least

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You'll know where its going...so if you reveal after you see the DR, it doesn't matter in the least
Revealing the Hipster after the random direction DR is NA.
Just after the dr of 1 or 2 is allowed, as you have no idea where the random DR will move the Sniper to.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you have a HIP squad near your 10-2 leader (or other good leader) and the sniper counter is near by, if you wait until after the Location DR it is possible that the HIP squad is closer to the initial location than your leader, so if you could drop HIP and make you squad the target you might save your leader's life (depending on who else is with the leader and other factors). As it is, you have to drop HIP before the Location DR is made so you don't know at that time if dropping HIP will make a difference.