Sniper 1 result against M3A1 Scout Car: lots of questions

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Can the 346 take the .50 HMG and MMG with them, in accordance with D6.631, when they Unload? I think so.
Can an Infantry unit of HS/crew size unload an HMG and an MMG? Wouldn't it be restricted by PP limits the same as if it was portaging?

EDIT - since they are dm I suppose it is not an issue.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Can an Infantry unit of HS/crew size unload an HMG and an MMG? Wouldn't it be restricted by PP limits the same as if it was portaging?
Infantry can never unload :) - Passengers/Riders can unload and they don't lose MF due to carrying too much PP - only Infantry does that.

Q&A:

A4.42 & D6.5
If a MMC carries a 5PP SW, and is alone (without leader), its MF allotment is reduced to 2 MF. Suppose that it is carried by a
truck that expends 1/2 of its MP allotment (including stop MP). The MMC is supposed to have expended 2 MF, so it has no MF
left. Can it unload?
A. Not that turn.

A. Upon further review, we have changed the answer here to “Yes, it can unload. The MF reduction for excess PP only applies to
Infantry.” Sorry for any confusion.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Ugh, I got too clever with the use of "Infantry", or rather not clever enough. I was too busy fussing if I should say US#2 or just HS/crew and threw it in without thinking. Thank you.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A4.42 & D6.5
If a MMC carries a 5PP SW, and is alone (without leader), its MF allotment is reduced to 2 MF. Suppose that it is carried by a
truck that expends 1/2 of its MP allotment (including stop MP). The MMC is supposed to have expended 2 MF, so it has no MF
left. Can it unload?
A. Not that turn.

A. Upon further review, we have changed the answer here to “Yes, it can unload. The MF reduction for excess PP only applies to
Infantry.” Sorry for any confusion.
Seems that I played this correctly inadvertedly... ?

von Marwitz

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
. I tend to rely instead on Klas' comprehensive Q&A and errata lists in the interim.
Yep.
But considering the years between module releases... It's a crap shoot.
With all the reprints/ updates/ etc. No reason why it all couldn't have been done by now. 5years between RS prints. 4-5 pages in each, including journals...

Just no real reason. I can tell you if the eASLRB isn't updated....
But I'm sure they obtained it from an outside party. So, it should be updated.

Houtje

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Ok, so I didn't look at this thread for a couple of weeks, and found all this when I finally did... Glad to see others were/are confused as well :) But thanks to all for clarifying (the history of) these matters!

Yep.
But considering the years between module releases... It's a crap shoot.
With all the reprints/ updates/ etc. No reason why it all couldn't have been done by now. 5years between RS prints. 4-5 pages in each, including journals...

Just no real reason. I can tell you if the eASLRB isn't updated....
But I'm sure they obtained it from an outside party. So, it should be updated.