Snake eyes in CC

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I´m not 100% sure if we played this right, and maybe you can give us a bit of light

German turn

Russian 447 vs 2x467. There is no ambush, 2-1 for the germans and 1-1 for the russian against one squad

The germans rolled a 5, thats a kill. The russian rolls a 2----> That means that he had to roll for a leader (we didnt because I thought then that there were no difference). For the shake of the question he rolls a 4 (+1 for sussian, -1 for odds 1-2) and gets a 7-0.

We must re-refigur the odds. 8-5 its a 3-2, with a 5 its a kill for the german; for the russian, he refigur the oods and 5-4 its a kill anyway.

Then I have to questions:

#1 Can the russian infiltrate (A11.22). IMHO, he cannot. He his already dead, even it was a simultaneous CC (A11.12). I´m pretty sure about this but who knows .... (and I want a confirmation for my opponent)

(( A squad has been attacked by CC, resulting in Casualty Reduction. It then attacks, rolling a 2 DR, thus causing Infiltration. It then decides to withdraw. Does it withdraw as a HS or as a squad? (I find some contradiction between: "if it has not already been eliminated/captured/pinned" and the further: "without being attacked" sentences – Casualty reduction seems to be a partial elimination, in fact.)

A. Normally, the ATTACKER attacks first in CC. Thus, if his attack "eliminates" a DEFENDER HS, that DEFENDER HS cannot withdraw after subsequently rolling a 2, but any other DEFENDER unit which has "not already been eliminated/captured/pinned" can Withdraw. If the ATTACKER rolls a 2, ATTACKER units can Withdraw "without being attacked."))

#2 As you have to refigur the odds after the snake eyes and the leader creation... Can the russian player now attack both squads on a 1-2 odds to kill both? IMHO I dont think so, because you only re-figur the odds, not re-designate the attacks....

Are those solutions right?

TIA

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Russian squad and leader are dead. 3 CVP instead of 2. The single attacked German squad is dead. The other German squad writes in his journal, "wow, that was a close call." In German of course.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
So it is as I thought (and played).

Pd: It wasnt CVP based scenario (BFP 73) but all those snake eyes on CC make you sweat a lot !

THX !!

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seen CVP cap exceeded because the unit that was killed in CC rolled 1,1, generated a 8-1 leader, who died too changing the loss from 2 CVP (under the cap) to 4 CVP (over the cap). Sometimes it is better to just take the CC without response rather than risk the scenario on the last roll of the game.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Sometimes it is better to just take the CC without response rather than risk the scenario on the last roll of the game.
Yes, sort of the same thing if you don't care if your unit lives/dies or if it kills the enemy - just that the enemy can't Infiltrate and take that last building they need that's one hex beyond - don't attack and risk rolling that 6,6.