smoke caused by bypassing wreck

up5799

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is the situation - a US M4 was bypassing a woods hex with a german squad (yes this was the infamous VPB sleeze.) The Germans managed to find a panzerfaust, and we have one flaming US tank. Now obviously any LOS which touches the smoke will get a +2 for the smoke coming from the burning wreck. My question however is this - would the Germans be considered "inside" the smoke under rule 24.8, and thus receive an additional drm of +1 (for a +3 firing "out" of the smoke.) Rule A24.8 refers to being in the "smoke location" however under the glossary location refers only to hexes, not hexsides. My feeling is that if the Germans would be considered in the hex for bypass sleeze, they would also be in the hex for smoke obscurement (is that even a word?) but I wanted to verify this by getting a second opinion before committing myself to a move.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Your post should be in the regular Rules & Errata section - this subsection is not intended to ask Perry questions, it is for reporting Perry's answers to questions asked on another channel.

Now my take on the question would be this: no matter what, the flaming tank is in one of two hexes, and the smoke is in that hex - fully encompassing the whole hex. Note, though, that this is without checking with the rulebook, so I may very well be wrong (hey, I'm often wrong when I quote the rulebook anyway).