SMOKE and IF

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another wording of a rule that I am probably reading too much into....

3.2.4 To Hit Process (p. 10 SK4 RB)

ATT “consumes all of the MA/Gun ROF for that turn”.

Does “consumed” mean something different than “lost” or “exhausted” ROF? I assume NOT, but 100% sure.

EX: a MA Fire HE on ATT, so no ROF retained per 3.2.4.

Can the MA then IF?

If yes, is the example below viable/legal?

EX: as first action of PFPh, a Gun fires Smoke as ATT; then conducts IF as ATT with Smoke (again).

Legal?

Thanks
Velo

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Yes, a gun (unless a MTR) loses ROF by using the ATT but nothing more and is marked with the appropriate fire marker. It may then use IF, possibly to fire Smoke/WP, if otherwise allowed.

JR

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JRV,

Thanks for the insight - the mists of the mind concerning the complexity and interaction of SK rules often obscure the obvious for a newby like me. Your answers have been most helpful. Thanks!

I hadn’t thought of this prior to reading your response, I am now assuming that even an 76-82 MTR can use IF since it is a Gun on a 5/8 counter!?!?

I believe that I have been overlooking this because I am so conditioned to thinking that was a SW MTR loses ROF; it is done for that phase.

Velo

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I hadn’t thought of this prior to reading your response, I am now assuming that even an 76-82 MTR can use IF since it is a Gun on a 5/8 counter!?!?

I believe that I have been overlooking this because I am so conditioned to thinking that was a SW MTR loses ROF; it is done for that phase.
Yes, the 76-82 MTRs can use intensive fire.

JR