Smoke and D1F

Nostradumbass

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

I'm just getting back into ASL after a twenty+ year hiatus and going through the SK scenarios for a refresher. I had a question about smoke a defensive first fire.

If a squad pops smoke in his hex for one MF can the defender fire before the dr? Or only after and thus the smoker get the benefit of the aforementioned smoke?

Sorry if this has been asked many times. My search skills are poor...among other things.

Ken

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
The defender fires after the expenditure of the MF. IOW, any smoke generated by the MF expenditure is in place when the D1F happens.

In general, defensive fire happens after any actions performed by the movement triggering the fire are completed. Exceptions to this are explicitly noted in the rules. The only exception that comes to my mind immediately is the requirement that a unit placing a DC needs to survive un-pinned/un-broken and defensive fire that comes it's way during that placement.

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's another smoke question: can you have more than 1 smoke counter per hex? If two squads adjacent to the same hex throw smoke, does it count as a +4 hindrance?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Here's another smoke question: can you have more than 1 smoke counter per hex? If two squads adjacent to the same hex throw smoke, does it count as a +4 hindrance?
Yes. Smoke is cumulative, but only up to +3 hindrance (+4 when firing out of Smoke) (ASLSK 1.2.5). Note that my edition of ASLSK#1 rules is missing this rule, but it is present in ASLSK#2 and onward.

JR