SMOKE and Concealment.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This may seem elementary, but here goes. We plan to fire SMOKE at a hex with units which may have a concealment counter on them. Does that influence the to hit chart. I think not because we are firing at the hex and not the units. I have never done this before because when firing GUNs with SMOKE I have only fired at known units. Inexperience certainly. Tim

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Case K (+2) generally applies (but read the EXCeption carefully! o_O):

C6.2 CASE K; CONCEALED TARGET: Ordnance firing at a hidden/concealed target [EXC: pillbox/cave occupant; B30.7 and G11.812] must add the +2 DRM of Case K to its TH DR vs that target [EXC: when firing SMOKE, Case K applies only if the target hex contains ≥ one non-hidden enemy ground unit but none of those units are Known to the firer/Spotter]. The effect of a hit that used Case K is not halved as Area Fire.​

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeeze, let's see Tim, I looked at the , C6 Target-Based Hit Determination DRM Table, that gave me a pretty good indication and references, looked at the rules mentioned and got the exact answer.Total time 15-20 sec.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. I do not have charts at my house. We are in planning stages for game tomorrow. Tim