SMC Portage points or how do you bring on a Russian MMG with an Assault Boat

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I am playing VotG 12 Siberian Shockwave via VASL. Looking at the scenario card, the Russians can bring on 3 Assault boats a turn. Assault boats have a PP capacity of 14. A squad is 10, a leader is 0 unless greater than 4 join in, and a Russian MMG is 5. So how do you bring on the MMG? There are no HS provided in the Russian OB and you can not deplot. The Russians have 2 leaders, combined 4 PP. A leader can never portage more than 2 PP's (or at least thats what I seem to recall). Are the Russians really expected to load a unit onto the boat when it gets to shore, transfer the weapon and then unload it a turn later? Something seems broken here or I am missing something obvious. -- jim

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am playing VotG 12 Siberian Shockwave via VASL. Looking at the scenario card, the Russians can bring on 3 Assault boats a turn. Assault boats have a PP capacity of 14. A squad is 10, a leader is 0 unless greater than 4 join in, and a Russian MMG is 5. So how do you bring on the MMG? There are no HS provided in the Russian OB and you can not deplot. The Russians have 2 leaders, combined 4 PP. A leader can never portage more than 2 PP's (or at least thats what I seem to recall). Are the Russians really expected to load a unit onto the boat when it gets to shore, transfer the weapon and then unload it a turn later? Something seems broken here or I am missing something obvious. -- jim
VotG4, page V1