smc ovr and disrupt unit

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An smc with a disrupted mmc are in a foxhole in otherwise open ground. Is there a clarification somewhere that states an infantry smc ovr can be conducted. Individually it's clear an smc by itself can be infantry ovr'ed and a disrupted mmc can't prevent movement through the location. But the requirements of an smc ovr are that the smc be the only keu in the location being infantry ovr'ed. There is no exception listed for the presence of a disrupted mmc. Here is the biblical quote:

4.15 Infantry OVR: An Infantry MMC may enter in the MPh a Location containing only one Known enemy SMC (unless that SMC occupies an AFV) at double the total MF cost of entry provided it has passed a NTC to enable it to enter the Location [EXC: Berserk (15.432)].

...and later in same ruling:

If other (concealed) units are in the same Location, 12.15 would apply. More than one SMC must be revealed to deny a Location to an enemy MMC capable of OVR. Other MMC could attempt subsequent Infantry OVR attacks but each would require a separate NTC.

If it is clarified somewhere would the ntc be subject to the tem modifier of the foxhole?
Thanks,
Victor

:confused:

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
da priest said:
My take is the rule is pretty definitive, only 1 SMC and nobody else, even disrupts will stop the ovr.
But A19.12 says: "Disrupted units do not prevent enemy movement into or through their hex (4.14)..."

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt Romey said:
But A19.12 says: "Disrupted units do not prevent enemy movement into or through their hex (4.14)..."

Ergo you can see my dilemma. 4.15 stipulates the smc must be lone, but seems a disrupter can't prevent movement thru a location...so does this mean inf ovr can be conducted or not??? Rules are a mess here. Also would potential dfire occur before inf ovr?? I believe an official clarification is warranted.
:shock:
Victor

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Ron seems right in his answer here.
Yes, disrupt units don't prevent movement in their hex.
But they prevent the fact that the SMC is alone.
So no SMC ovr.
The rules don't contradict one another... even if the "logics" would like to see the possibility of a SMC ovr...

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Also my opinion

Victor said:
Also would potential dfire occur before inf ovr?? I believe an official clarification is warranted.
:shock:
Victor
1) A disrupted MMC prevents INF OVR of a SMC in same hex.:D

2) When does D1F occur? A Q+A regarding A 4.151 from the annual 96 helps.

2a) if SMC moves7"evades"/ "flees" : then the D1F is after the INF OVR

2b) if the SMC stays / "wants to fight" : then the D1F is before the INF OVR CC attack.

The solution to 2b is surprising because it an exeption to the general rule: "First spend an MF and resolve all the MF related actions (eg. smoke laying) and THEN do the D1F.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perry says...

> Rule:A4.15
> Question:A good order SMC and a disrupted squad are in a foxhole. Can an enemy
> MMC conduct and infantry ovr on the SMC?

No.

....Perry

MMP

Got this in the unofficial Perry says folder too...
Victor