sM firing and TCA DRM

Philippe R

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
C5.13 states that cas A DRM are never applicable to Bounding Fire. (Never is forever, no?)
But D2.231 states that a VBM AVF firing on a new target in a Side VCA gets an additional TCA DRM...
So:
- is it applicable to a Bounding Fire vehicle?
- is this additional DRM applicable to a sM firing attempt at the beginning of the MPh?
A Churchill Mk.VIi is facing some PFs in a german village... And tries to escape.

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I think no.

The extra +1 is to counter the larger TCA on the sides of the vehicle.

You can spin your CA 360 degrees and pay zero Case A if not in bypass, can't see why there should now be an extra +1 DRM for being in bypass.

Philippe R

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks for the advice.
I have read again D13.32, and Truth (as per Lord MMP) is : "During the AFV's MPh, that CA DRM would NOT ALSO apply to subsequent Bounding First Fire.."
So I'm guessing that the additional Side-VCA Case A DRM is not valid for a Turret MG/CMG fire on VBM, as you say; but would apply to the sM attempt, if the Target is not acquired before.
Otherwise, it should have been written "would ALSO NOT apply" (if my French English is correct), and that would be anyway a repeat of C5.13... which would be strange in ASLRB world, where usually there is no repeat.. ever.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You can spin your CA 360 degrees and pay zero Case A if not in bypass, can't see why there should now be an extra +1 DRM for being in bypass.
So how do you understand "the appropriate Case A TH DRM applies to the sM Usage DR"?
When could it apply, as sM is fired during the MPh and you seem to exclude any application of TH case A?
Or should it only be applied when trying to fire a sM during the opponent's MPh?
D13.32 sM: A successfully fired sM places dispersed white smoke at the Base Level of any hex of the firer's choice that is at a range of 1-3 hexes from the AFV, is within its TCA and in its LOS. Whenever an AFV changes its CA to fire its sM, the appropriate Case A TH DRM applies to the sM Usage DR.