Slowdown in JTF scenario 2 (AATF)

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi, In AATF, for the Joint Training center scenario 2 (capture the town), I notice an important slowdown in the game after the C and D company enters the AO. This has gotten worst now that two company have deployed on the ground. I'm assuming that the game shouldn't slow down to a near stall in this scenario. The clock take a long time to update, and skip seconds. This is bad because some of my AH-64 are in the field of fire of the BMP3 and I can't get them to defilade before they get blown to pieces.

Is this an known issue? Is there anything that I can do to bring the game back to speed?

Thanks,

Christian

PS: I've got a Toshiba notebook running VISTA, with a dual core INTEL P8400 2.66GHz and 2GB RAM.

Last edited:

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The game has to crunch ALOT of calculations with this many units on the battlefield at once, especially when a large number of units are in contact. The game clock may skip a second or two to the naked eye, and your ability to give orders may be impared during this time. But rest assured that the game is not cheating you out of time. While it may appear when not much is going on that the game runs one turn per second, it often runs more or less cycles than that. The actual time-per-turn is variable, to account for these occasional "crunch times."

As for your inability to give orders to troops in contact, I have to say that, while this is not intentional in the game design, it is kind of realistic. In fact, you STILL have the potential for hundreds of times more control over individual units that a real task force commander, if you choose to exercise it.

All of that being said, I am not trying to minimize your issue. I suggest that you put the units in "hide on contact" or use indirect fire to suppress the units that are giving you problems as you approach. In real life, you would NEVER intentionally bring aircraft within direct fire range of a potentially lethal ground unit without some form of suppression.

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks, I'll give it another shot. There doesn't seem to be a lot of ENY contact so much that two Coy landed simultaneously in two LZ and are running for the cover of the woods. I have yet to get the print manual by snail mail, so I'm not sure what these yellow/white ovals on top of them mean. I can't wait to read this puppy.

The AH-64 were trying to make first contact with the ENY Bn in the OA. It went well at first, but things soured when I tried to probe the other side. That is life, although it felt like some of the misfortune was software-related rather than me being reckless.

BTW, it feels great to play again the ATF scenarios but with the AATF interface! Thanks, I'll give it a bit more patience now that I know that the slowdown shouldn't affect the outcome too much.

Christian

Boston

Recruit
Reaction score
this game make you to brain storm a lot this is a very tough and demanding game