Slovaks in EA

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Seeing how even Luxemburg is represented as a country in EA (all of one hex!), I have come to wonder what happened to Slovakia. The map shows it as a part of Germany, which it was not. Slovak forces participated in the Polish campaign and fought on the German side in Russia, so the country was very much a belligerent in the war. Strength-wise, they should have been worth 2-3 divisions, certainly minor, but there are other equally minor countries represented on the map and even with own forces. Any idea why Slovakia was left out? Really just curious. :shy:

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
You're absolutely right, and the Axis will receive a small ('6 - 9') Slovak infantry 'corps' and an even smaller ('2 - 4') Slovak mobile brigade a few weeks after the start of the Russo-German war.

I don't think that Slovak forces were active before then, certainly not on the scale of this scenario.

The boundaries aren't shown because, whatever its claimed status, it was effectively a German puppet state. Did the Allies recognise it as an independent country? I'm not sure.

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The boundaries aren't shown because, whatever its claimed status, it was effectively a German puppet state. Did the Allies recognise it as an independent country? I'm not sure.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, it was most definitely a puppet state and I too doubt it was ever recognized, as it came into being already a firm German ally (after the annexion by Germany of what remained of Czechia). I just wondered because the map borders are so meticulously drawn in almost every other respect, even separating the Russian-claimed part of Finland from the rest of Finland. :)