Skeered newbie looking for PBEM

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Veteran on the TOAW ladder but brand new to this forum... :salute:

Been playing all versions of CM, but no H2H play.

I'm starting on the ladder at zero, and would like to start playing QB's or possibly even operations against some fellow "humans". Mutants are okay too, I guess... :alien:

Not sure how it all works but I guess I'll be finding out...

Hey, Bruce or GunnerC! Either of you still playing CM, or for that matter, TOAW?

Got a question though, can a game that is started TCP/IP be played through PBEM, if it becomes difficult for the two players to connect real-time? Would make games more flexible...

Looking forward to some good gaming!!! :devil:

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Check out The Proving Grounds. There's plenty of scenarios/operations that could use some playtesting and 1948 opponents in the database to search through for those that match your personality and requirements.

GunnerC

Reaction score
Country
ll
JoeBob said:
Hey, Bruce or GunnerC! Either of you still playing CM, or for that matter, TOAW?
Hi There ! Still playing both - but a little more slowly. I've had serious work pressures for a while now, and a family who are claiming more and more time at the PC and pushing me out.

I have some long-term TOAW games on the go, and I'm managing about a turn or so a week (embarassingly slow!). I have two CMBO matches going in round 3 of the 3MIF tournament. The size and sclae of the maps and forces in recent rounds mean that some of the turns can take 30 minutes to do, and the setup often takes me about 2 hours to consider and place.

Happy to pencil something else in though !

I think you can revert from TCP-IP to PBEM, as long as it's at the right state. I know you can start PBEM and then go to TCP-IP, but only at certain points in the game (both miust be at the same state of play obviously). I'd need an expert to advise on it.

One of my CMBO matches is against Bruce - so he's still around as well.

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Excellent! Glad to hear from you Gunner! :banana:

How about we start with a quick QB with random settings, but an even point value matchup? Meeting engagement would be fine, or even attack/defend. Doesn't matter to me, I just want to get started on some multiplay.

I'll agree to any total points you want (not worried about scale), and to which version of the game. Scenarios (including operations), is fine. Basically anything you want, I suspect I have more free time than you at the moment (only 1 TOAW game in progress at the moment, between tourney rounds...)

I can put together a setup if you want, or vice-versa. It's all good...

Game ON!!! :cheeky:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
GunnerC,

Have a setup to send you... 2000 pt QB, CMAK, Italy 43 with me playing as Germans. All settings set to random to make battle as unpredictable as possible. 30 turns, variable end.

If you are okay with that, I can send it to you, but I need your e-mail address... :eek:

GunnerC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Sadly CMAK is the only version I don't have (I do have CMBB or CMBO).

Have you either of the other two ??

Private message sent with e-mail address.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JoeBob said:
Veteran on the TOAW ladder but brand new to this forum... :salute: Been playing all versions of CM, but no H2H play.
Forgot to say:

WELCOME!!!!!

I hope you find WHQ a great place to meet opponents and to just hang out and chat.
:D

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Palantir!

And GunnerC, I'll be sending a new setup file to you shortly. Don't mind which version of CM that we play. Thanks for the e-mail address.

Off we go! :surprise: