SK3 Veh and Ord Notes

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
18879 18880

Veh 35 has no turret and its GUN corresponds to the VCA, why is NOTE Q necessary? What am I missing here. The AAMG is not restricted here.

NOTE: these are from the ASL RB but are the same in the SK RB.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
This is for ASL.

D1.82:
"If a vehicle’s CMG is restricted to firing only through its VCA (shown by “CMG: VCA Only” on the counter back), that CMG may not be used to attack in CC but it does serve to void the -1 CC DRM for an attack vs a vehicle “without manned, functioning MG armament” (A11.51)."

So one reason is likely so this part applies, and also somewhat of a clarification since D1.82 says a CMG fires through the TCA and this vehicle has no TCA.

Not sure about what the SK rules say about it.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
The SK rules are Silent.
And the notes are exactly the same in SK

I'm sure the understanding of the CMG in SK is similar. There are no HD rules and so that isn't a specific issue. If anyone thought this would be a Turreted vehicle and calls themselves a WWII aficionado...They need another hobby.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The SK rules are Silent.
And the notes are exactly the same in SK

I'm sure the understanding of the CMG in SK is similar. There are no HD rules and so that isn't a specific issue. If anyone thought this would be a Turreted vehicle and calls themselves a WWII aficionado...They need another hobby.
CC rules are similar under 3.8

A vehicle may attack Infantry in CC with its AAMG (if the vehicle is CE), its CMG (unless that CMG may fire through the VCA only), a RMG, close defense weapons, and/or the IFE FP of a turreted MA ≤ 15mm

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CC rules are similar under 3.8

A vehicle may attack Infantry in CC with its AAMG (if the vehicle is CE), its CMG (unless that CMG may fire through the VCA only), a RMG, close defense weapons, and/or the IFE FP of a turreted MA ≤ 15mm
Once again ASL terminology bounces up against military (and commonly used) terminology. In military common use a CMG (co-axial machine gun) is one that is co-axially mounted with the main armament, usually a fixed position on the same trunnion of the MA mount. In this configuration it would necessarily have to fire through the same CA as the MA. However in ASL terminology it can represent several different configurations and may indeed cover separate turrets in the hull or independent swivel capabilities that would allow the MG to fire at targets outside the MA's CA. In as much as I have run across several players (more than likely Civies & REMFs) that continue to call almost all fully tracked AFVs tanks, a little redundancy is not out of the question. Stewart should remember that a lot of people that play this game are gamers first and have varied interests in the history or technical aspects of the equipment.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
"It's a game of little cardboard counters"- HKW

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Once again ASL terminology bounces up against military (and commonly used) terminology. In military common use a CMG (co-axial machine gun) is one that is co-axially mounted with the main armament, usually a fixed position on the same trunnion of the MA mount. In this configuration it would necessarily have to fire through the same CA as the MA. However in ASL terminology it can represent several different configurations and may indeed cover separate turrets in the hull or independent swivel capabilities that would allow the MG to fire at targets outside the MA's CA. In as much as I have run across several players (more than likely Civies & REMFs) that continue to call almost all fully tracked AFVs tanks, a little redundancy is not out of the question. Stewart should remember that a lot of people that play this game are gamers first and have varied interests in the history or technical aspects of the equipment.
Do they even use the word "REMF" anymore? I have heard nothing but "FOBbit's" for 10 years or so. :)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do they even use the word "REMF" anymore? I have heard nothing but "FOBbit's" for 10 years or so. :)
Well I've been retired for just over 10 years now and I'm Old School, LIFER (Low Intelligence Fart Enjoying Retirement). NOTE: When they finally broke my sword and kicked my old butt out using FOBbit to describe another soldier's status was an Article 15 offense. :LOL::giggle:🤫o_O

BTW: All my heat felt condolences to all your brothers & sisters and their families that were involved in that tragedy in Kabul. A large salute to all that participated. True heroes!