SK To Hit ITT table descrepancies with ASL tables...

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
I understand the SK TH tables can be a little inscrutable since they fold in some C4 and C6 DRMs. Usually I can follow those, but I'm totally scratching my head on a few which is making me wonder what I'm missing on the ASL computations for TH.

I'm specifically looking at the ASLSK3 To Hit Chart but I also see a similar issue on the Decision at Elst Errata To Hit chart posted on the MMP site.

In the range 13-18 and 19-42 ITT columns I'm seeing a mix of 4(1) and 4(2) entries. The values in parentheses are the values for a CH. The 4(1) case is expected (i.e. 1 < 4/2). The 4(2) case is not expected (i.e. 2 = 4/2). The Russian 45L, 57LL, and 152* along with the German 37, 50L and 75* all have a 4(2) entry at these longer ranges. I can't figure out where the CH value of 2 is coming from. In column 1 there is a similar situation, everything is 10(5) (i.e. 5 = 10/2 instead of <), but that's because the C6 DRM has been folded into the TH table and so it does actually match ASL when you combine its TH and DRM tables as SK has done. But for these longer range entries I can't find anything that would create a similar situation. These really seem like they should all be listed as 4(1).

What am I missing???

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting.

Unlike ASL 3.7, which explains the math for calculating a CH on the ITT, 6.0 in SK simply tells us to use the CH #s in parenthesis, with no such explanation for how those numbers were calculated. (And if it does, I can't find it).

It would seem there are only two explanations for the odd 4/2s:

1. The designers intentionally wanted to give the SK TH Chart a little more punch than ASL, perhaps to make up for some of the firing options not available in SK. (Doubtful).
  2. Those numbers are in error. (More likely).
A while back I downloaded a list of SK1-4, DaE Errata (I think from Scott Romanowski?) and it points out several errors on the SK3THC, which I have penciled into my copy. However, nothing is said about the CH #s. However, on the SK4 THC, the most recent printing of the THC, all the CH #s make sense. Although only a few guns are listed.

So, I would lean toward the SK3 THC is in error.

PezBailarin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
there are several "mistakes" like these. Some guns appear in more than one SK and guess what, the numbers don't always match.