SK #2, LATW rules and example

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
I'm a bit puzzled by the SK #2 rules and even checked ASL RB but I'm not 100% clear on how to use either Bazooka or Panzerschreck. In my custom battle on Starter Kit [W] board I have in wE5 hex (which has wooden building) 7-4-7 E with BAZ44 and in wG7 (which has stone building) I have 2 x 4-6-7 1st line and 4-4-7 2nd line. Current phase is Defensive Fire for Allied player. Here is what I have learned:

1) I must first secure a hit for the bazooka on the "to hit table" on the back of the counter. So looking at the table I see that I must hit DR <= 7 in order to secure a hit.

2) Backblast, I don't have to worry about it since there is no other unit in the hex wE5. No Firer based or Target Based to Hit DRM apply in this scenario.

3) I roll DR of 5, so I have now secured a hit on hex wG7.

4) I now roll "to hit" DR of 2, 3+ DRM of TEM in wG7 so the final "to hit" DR is 5.

5) For Bazooka 8th column of IFT applies ( for Panzerschreck 12th column). So DR 5 = 2MC. Meaning all units in wG7 must perform MC with 2DRM added.

I believe I can fire the Bazooka twice and then MMC FP can't be used. Or I can fire the Bazooka once and then the MMC still has FP fire with the option of using Assault Fire.

Is there anything that I did wrong, or miss ?

Thank's all for your help!

Last edited:

da priest

Reaction score
JG53_Jaguar said:
.... Current phase is Defensive Fire for Allied player.
OK.

1) I must first secure a hit for the bazooka on the "to hit table" on the back of the counter. So looking at the table I see that I must hit DR <= 7 in order to secure a hit.
That's your base TH...TEM modifies it, so 7-3=4 TH:eek:

2) Backblast, I don't have to worry about it since there is no other unit in the hex wE5.
Nope, it effects the firing unit also, so you have to worry about it.

No Firer based or Target Based to Hit DRM apply in this scenario.
TEM is Target based. See above.

3) I roll DR of 5, so I have now secured a hit on hex wG7.
Not really you missed :cheeky:

4) I now roll "to hit" DR of 2, 3+ DRM of TEM in wG7 so the final "to hit" DR is 5.
Don't understand..you already rolled a TH??? Or is this another example? If you hit then you roll on the IFT at the FP indicated on the BAZ, usually 8 or thereabouts, IIRC....with no mods at all.

5) For Bazooka 8th column of IFT applies ( for Panzerschreck 12th column). So DR 5 = 2MC. Meaning all units in wG7 must perform MC with 2DRM added.
Well, no your "2" is the IFT roll...no TEM..it is only used during the TH, not the "damage" assessment on the IFT..:smoke:

I believe I can fire the Bazooka twice
No. Only 1x, no ROF for 'zooks.

and then MMC FP can't be used. Or I can fire the Bazooka once and then the MMC still has FP fire with the option of using Assault Fire.
Hmmm...if you shoot 2 'zooks..no Inherent fire, if you shoot 1 then can use Inherent FP. No Assualt fire cause in DFPh.....full FP used tho....:smoke:

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
Ok so if I understand you correctly I only roll once DR. Let's assume I rolled 4 (let's say white = 1, red = 3), this means I have secured TH (4 + 3 TEM = 7).

If I use the backblast option +2DRM applies in which case I have missed with my bazooka correct ? (The only way in this scenario for me to score hit would be, assuming I'm using backblast is to roll DR of 2)

If I decided not to use the backblast option then colored die (red = 3) now applies for the 1 column in IFT (backblast effect column), which translates to "1MC" result to the allied MMC correct ? Also the result for the axis units in the target hex is "K/2" ? (8 column on IFT under row where DR = 3)

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The TH # for a bazooka at a 3 hex range is a 7. The TEM for the stone building is +3 as a TH modifier. You can opt for the backblast on the cdr or take the modifier (+2).

If you take the modifier, on an original 2 DR will hit. If you eat the backblast, an original 4 DR will hit and you get the cdr on the 1FP col., without other mods.

The backblast would affect all occupants of the firer's location. NO SKRBH, just using the big book of rules.

da priest

Reaction score
JG53_Jaguar said:
Ok so if I understand you correctly I only roll once DR.
Nope.. you roll 1 TH DR
Then a DR on the IFT for the effect.

Let's assume I rolled 4 (let's say white = 1, red = 3), this means I have secured TH (4 + 3 TEM = 7).

If I use the backblast option +2DRM applies in which case I have missed with my bazooka correct ? (The only way in this scenario for me to score hit would be, assuming I'm using backblast is to roll DR of 2)
Yep.

If I decided not to use the backblast option then colored die (red = 3) now applies for the 1 column in IFT (backblast effect column), which translates to "1MC" result to the allied MMC correct ?
Yes.

Also the result for the axis units in the target hex is "K/2" ? (8 column on IFT under row where DR = 3)
No, this is where your IFT effects roll is.... :smoke:

Ordnance and stuff like 'zooks have 2 rolls for an effect..

The first is to see if you hit the damn target(TH DR)...

And then if you did, another DR for the effect...

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
da priest said:
No, this is where your IFT effects roll is.... :smoke:

Ordnance and stuff like 'zooks have 2 rolls for an effect..

The first is to see if you hit the damn target(TH DR)...

And then if you did, another DR for the effect...

Ok so let me try again, I will make another DR for the effect - 8 column on IFT. So I if I DR roll say 4 (white = 1, Red = 3) the effect would be "2MC", TEM of the target hex doesn't apply here correct ?

Thanks for your help da priest.

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
It's a glorious day today, thanks to nice people here on this board I was able to solve the mystery of LATW rules, time for a beer :laugh:

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
And at the same time, you've understood the general ordnance rules.

Other, normal ordnance attacks are very similar. The difference are only that they doesn't have any backblast, and that they use the general TH tables instead of the one on the back of the counter.

And may have ROF of course...

harryhood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vasl

What would be cool here is a VASL logfile that runs through this kind of question and shows what happens. It seems like VASL could be a huge teaching tool. If I was up to SK2, I'd do it but I'm not finished with all the SK1 scenarios yet.....

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I was up to SK2, I'd do it but I'm not finished with all the SK1 scenarios yet.....
Go to a tournament and play in the SK mini. That will get you several playings and expose you to some new blood.

Good luck. :D