Mikey_PNB

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
+
=

Requiem for the Flightless Kiwi, the "Penguin of New Zealand" :
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdUUx5FdySs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdUUx5FdySs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The origins of the kiwi fruit trace their geneology to the holy hand grenade...

I see...

: )

Nice deduction.

Cheers!

Leto

CMant

Reaction score

Puritans

That Kiwi film was sad .

Last edited:

TWN

Recruit
Reaction score
Puritans?...the murderous, racist, superstitious, hysterical, fundamentalist, misogynous, sadists...that brought the new world the Salem Witch murders. They were theocratic criminals...the worst sort of immoral, socially retarded human beings.

CMant

Reaction score
Don't worry the Puritans are long gone , and things are so much better without them .

McIvan

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Lol...good point, Ant. Actually, after doing a little reading about religious persecution, I suspect the Puritans weren't as bad as they may have been painted...or, at least, no worse than anyone else. But that's a subject for another thread and another day, if ever.

The Coil

Reaction score
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Peek demonstrates the fine art of getting shot

So, the Sith are generally pretty tough hombres, if we do say so ourselves. We fight tough, we talk tough. We frown on little nancy-boys that whine about how unlucky they are when they play CM, and we certainly never whine ourselves (well, except for Sith Lord Leto sometimes, but with him it's sort of half art and half worldview, so we let it go). However, we can't help but think the force is a bit against us. For instance, a few shots from our game vs. Peek:

All those penetrations occurred against 2 Stugs and 2 Grilles over about 5 turns. Can you guess what they all have in common? That's right - not one of 'em knocked out a vehicle... :mad: One of the Grilles, when it finally did go down (this after absorbing a hail of AP) got taken out by a .50 cal...what the heck did we even bring the main guns for. It's amazing we Sith win any games at all...

The Coil

Reaction score
Is the battle on Nabo? Is there a Jedi temple on Nabo? I thought it was on Corsucant (sp)?
Well, there's sort of a Naboo section, a Tatooine section, and a Coruscant section - it's a cunningly divided three-part map, unlike any other map ever devised for Combat Mission... ;)

The Coil

Reaction score
Sith 9, Jedi 2

Jedi Ratzki's troops stumble away from the burning wreckage of the Jedi temple, as Sith Lord Trollvela's men advance triumphantly. It looks bleak indeed for the Jedi

The Coil

Reaction score
The Results So Far...

A brief recap as to where things stand:

Xacrex won 76-24 (yike!) v. Coil
Glider won 63-37 v. Coil
Ratzki lost 44-56 v. Trollvela (with McI pitching the last few turns)
Herroberst lost 43-57 v. Coil
Der Kuenstler lost 38-62 v. McIvan
Combat Wombat lost 36-46 v. Trollvela
Mikey lost 34-66 v. Trollvela
Baluka lost 33-67 v. Coil
DevilThomas lost 31-69 v. Coil
Das Tiger lost 28-72 v. McIvan
RNL Tiger Lost 20-80 v. McIvan

Still ongoing:
Maakt Droog v ?
Peek v ?
mfreeman v ?
Jdsu v ?
fluidwill v ?
TagCM v ?
ss_expandeux v ?

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It looks like the Dark Lords of the Sith truly are the masters of CM... even their young apprentice Darth Rupreicht (aka Coil) appears to be extremely handy with a corked lightsaber...

The score of 9-2 in favor of the Sith can be summed up by another Dark Lord's brilliant quote:

"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

LMAO!

j/k

Cheers!

Leto

The Coil

Reaction score
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Revenge of ss_expandeux's Jedi

ss_expandeux shows the kind of grit and gumption it takes to defeat the Sith (even though he's going to lose... :D).

His AC takes a direct hit from a zook at 9m, bursting into flames:

The jubulant 'zook starts planning a post victory celebration, Obi-wan style...

...only to be caught with his pants down, hot dog in hand :)laugh:), as a very ticked off crewman emerges from the wreckage unscathed.

Alas, it all ends poorly for our poor 'zook hero...

...leaving the Jedi to ponder what might have been, if only all the crews from their destroyed armor (and there's been a lot of it) would've jumped out and whacked the unit that killed them.

The Coil

Reaction score
A SECRET REPORT FROM WITH THE (Sith) GUILD, part II

The silence is broken only by an occasional snore, as the Coil lays comatose in a growing puddle of his own drool, his precious Tournament Champion certificate clutched in one outstretched hand. Suddenly, the door is flung open, hitting the wall with a resounding bang. The Coil leaps to his feet, a confused and sleepy look on his face, a few taco crumbs welded to his left cheek by drying saliva.

Through the door stride the three Sith Lords, Trollvela and Leto flanking the imposing figure of Sith Lord McIvan (who for some inexplicable reason is sporting platform shoes that add an inch to his already considerable height). "Apprentice Coil, what are you doing in my chair?" booms McIvans voice.

"Sith Lord McIvan...ummm...I...ummmm...thought you guys were...were...well...gone..." stammers the Coil. "I though you had been...had been..."

"Had been what?" asks McIvan, one eyebrow arching.

The Coil's voice drops to a whisper. "Had been deletoed," he says.

At this, the Sith Lords burst into laughter. "Thought we were gone, did you," snickers Sith Lord Leto. "I bet you were thinking that with us gone, you could run around claiming to be a Sith Lord yourself, didn't you. Ha! Imagine, The Coil as Sith Lord...the mere thought is preposterous."

The Coil's eyes begin to fill with tears of shame. He wills himself not to glance at the certificate still clutched in his left hand as his dreams of ruling as the last of the Sith slip away.

"Stupid Coil," says Trollvela, "we weren't deletoed, we simply moved our headquarters down the road a bit. You should see the new place, it's really cool - it has a neat dartboard and every thing. Anyway, enough chit chat - we're off to do important Sithy things. See that you get all the furniture and stuff moved to the new place."

"But guys," whines the Coil, "you promised to teach me how to play CM as good as you. You said you'd show me all your secrets."

"No time now, little apprentice...maybe later, after you're done sanding the floor and painting the fence at the new place. Also, don't forget to wax our cars. And don't forget to bring the Winner's Certificate when you come - and be careful with it, we don't want any wrinkles or anything on it before we inscribe it with the winner's name."

The Coil's eyes slide briefly to the Certificate, still crumpled in his hand, stained with drool and taco sauce, his own name scrawled across it in black crayon. "Ummm...no problem, guys," he says, as he crumples it up and surreptitiously chucks it into the fireplace (of course there's a fireplace...I'm sure we mentioned it before...you must have just forgotten about it - go back to Part I and check).

The Coil picks up Sith Lord McIvan's chair, preparing to carry its considerable weight to the new headquarters. His steps are plodding, his dismay at his return to Sith Apprentice status plainly evident on his face, his every movement radiating dejection. The Sith Lords stride toward the door, off on important business. As the leave, Sith Lord Leto casually turns and says "Oh, by the way, Coil - best thing about the new place - it has clickies..." And then the Sith Lords are gone, the door shutting behind them.

The Coil slings the chair on his back effortlessly. Suddenly there is a spring in his step, and he can't help breaking into a smile. In seconds, his whole demeanor has changed, going from utter despair to unbridled hope. "Oh boy," he thinks, "CLICKIES!"

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OK-LA CLICKIE, OKLA CLICKIE, OKLA CLICKIE, OKLA CLICKE!!!

: )

Cheers!

Leto
(Dark Lord of the CM SITH and Frank Sinatra Impersonator)

McIvan

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I am intensely frustrated that for some reason I am not allowed to bestow upon you the clickies you so desperately deserve for that post :) But probably not as frustrated as the Coil will be on learning that he's missing out on them!

BTW do you have the part one of that storyline saved somewhere? It was a real shame the Blitz deleted it....it was a very fitting and witty epitaph.

The Coil

Reaction score
I am intensely frustrated that for some reason I am not allowed to bestow upon you the clickies you so desperately deserve for that post :) But probably not as frustrated as the Coil will be on learning that he's missing out on them!

BTW do you have the part one of that storyline saved somewhere? It was a real shame the Blitz deleted it....it was a very fitting and witty epitaph.
Yeah, I'm not sure about this whole "spread some rep around" message I keep getting... :angry: Talk about frustrated, I keep trying to give Pete a clickie to respond to the message in the clickie he gave me, and I can't yet.

Part one is the second post in this thread, I believe...sort of a "fitting end/new beginning" kind of thing...

Last edited:

McIvan

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Oh yeah! So you did. Um....I was just testing your powers of recall....carry on.....nothing to see here.

Maybe we should post up some of the old screenies? When I see "we", of course, I mean " we the witless lackey", being too lazy to do it myself.

The Coil

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about posting the old screenies, but a lot of them were much funnier with the accompanying text - not sure if they'd be as funny out of context - maybe I'll re-run a few 'greatest hits' when I get the chance (assuming anyone is reading this besides you, me, and Leto).

By the way, McI - you still have one game ongoing, yes? Was checking the inbox, and you haven't sent him a turn in a while, not to tip anyone off...