Sissukoni the Finnish ASL tournament- Helsinki 21st to 23rd August.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The Finnish ASL association Self-Rally Platoon RY is happy to announce the 2020 edition of Finnish ASL tournament Sissukoni. We have been going strong ever since 1999.

Sissukoni 2020 will be held in Pohjolankatu 2, Helsinki, Finland 21st to 23rd August. Starting at 5 PM Friday to 3 PM Sunday.

See https://sissukoni.pmkinnari.com/e/2 for details.

The scenario list will be published shortly.

This announcement is late, but as of the strictest COVID-19 restrictions were lifted in Finland in beginning of June we were able to confirm our venue just now. (Finnish government closed restaurants in April and our venue is a restaurant - we had to determine if they survived the lock-down without going out of business)

More information Mikko Lukkari (mikko@lukkari.org) or Timo Kärnä (tkarna2@outlook.com).

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Sissukoni 2020 will be held in Pohjolankatu 2, Helsinki, Finland 21st to 23rd August. Starting at 5 PM Friday to 3 PM Sunday.
Swedes welcome?

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Are you saying that Swedes are allowed into Finland (Covid-19), or are you just saying that I may attend the tournament if I manage to get in? Swedes can not go to Denmark or Norway, for example.

If the answer is YES - I can enter the country - I will still have to take the personal decision if I want to take the risk of air travel.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Are you saying that Swedes are allowed into Finland (Covid-19), or are you just saying that I may attend the tournament if I manage to get in?
The latter part after the comma of course. We are naturally delighted if any of our ASLer brothers from aboard can make it.

We as an ASL club cannot make the decision on the things before the comma, that is up to the Finnish and Swedish governments to decide on. Also the travel situation now is one thing, by the end of August it might have changed and we have no control over that.

https://www.visitfinland.com/article/practical-travel-information-for-travelers-to-finland-during-coronavirus-pandemic/#1ea85131 has the official line on travel. Right now it seems that borders are "semi open". There will be a set of new decisions taken by the Finnish government in next week, perhaps we have more info by then.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Swedes are allowed into Finland
New policy from Finnish government:

Finland welcomes leisure travelers from Denmark, Estonia, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania and Norway beginning 15 June. Travelers from these countries do not need to self-quarantine on arrival in Finland.

So, unfortunately no Swedes yet.... But any of our Danish or Norwegian brothers in ASL are good to come (if they can get back from Finland).

Again there is still some time to this so it might change...

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Not a surprise given the COVID death rate in Sweden is five times the Danish one and ten times the Norwegian or Finnish one.
Agreed. However, I would like to keep this thread focused on the Finnish ASL tournament.

I am posting the info just to clarify the Finnish travel situation for anyone aboard interested in our tournament- the rest of the COVID-19 conversation needs to go somewhere else.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
(Finnish government closed restaurants in April and our venue is a restaurant - we had to determine if they survived the lock-down without going out of business)
Don't forget that. It would be a pity to announce a venue that has closed in the meantime, something that is looming large for many smaller restaurants in all advanced economies. Fingers crossed of course.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Not a surprise given the COVID death rate in Sweden is five times the Danish one and ten times the Norwegian or Finnish one.
Sadly, this is true.

But the death rate in Sweden is just 6% higher than the death rate in France, and it is 43% LOWER than the death rate in Belgium. In fact Belgium has the highest death rate in the world if you do not count San Marino. Just saying.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Sadly, this is true.

But the death rate in Sweden is just 6% higher than the death rate in France, and it is 43% LOWER than the death rate in Belgium. In fact Belgium has the highest death rate in the world if you do not count San Marino. Just saying.
What does this have to do with our tournament?

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Ask the most honorable man from Bruxelles, he was the one who started it :censored::censored::censored:
Check out my message #8.

I already made a general request there to kindly stop it and quoted him.

So once again I kindly ask, pretty please with some sugar on top: stop general Covid discussion here. Both of you and everyone else.

I am just updating the official Finnish line on who can travel to Finland as it is relevant info for the tournament. Any other Covid discussion is not necessary. Please. Thank you for understanding. Peace love and ASL.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Check out my message #8.

I already made a general request there to kindly stop it and quoted him.

So once again I kindly ask, pretty please with some sugar on top: stop general Covid discussion here. Both of you and everyone else.

I am just updating the official Finnish line on who can travel to Finland as it is relevant info for the tournament. Any other Covid discussion is not necessary. Please. Thank you for understanding. Peace love and ASL.
Fair enough. Too bad I cannot make "three Sissukoni in a row", as things stand right now. Have fun at the tournament, and let the best Finn win ? .

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
From a Press Release from the Finnish Government:

“Based on the current development of the epidemic, border control at the internal borders would be lifted for the following countries: the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Greece, Malta, Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. Finland has already abolished internal border control for traffic between Finland and Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania as well as for leisure boating,”

I hope it's factual enough to fit in this honorable thread.

I don't see Sweden in the list, but it's surely just a question of time.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
From a Press Release from the Finnish Government:

“Based on the current development of the epidemic, border control at the internal borders would be lifted for the following countries: the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Greece, Malta, Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. Finland has already abolished internal border control for traffic between Finland and Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania as well as for leisure boating,”

I hope it's factual enough to fit in this honorable thread.

I don't see Sweden in the list, but it's surely just a question of time.
I respectfully thank the honourable gentleman for your assistance in providing relevant information to our humble tournament thread.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Great. Where do I find the Scenario list?
Tournament scenarios
Round 1

RPT9 Shelling the Sivash
RPT12 Retreat from Bairak
RPT89 Something Borrowed

Round2

RPT139 Mauled at Merdorp
FT151 Get Them Out!
FT161 French Civil War In Gabon

Round 3

ESG111 Horror Show
FT199 Playing Uno
FrF72 Mubo Decision

Round 4

ESG83 Split the D!
FT258 Panzerschlacht!
DTF4 Death to Fascism

Round 5

RPT132 Probe Toward the Hague
ESG45 Below the Belt
ESG107 Put Out the Searchlights

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The list of eligible European countries whose residents can enter Finland has been reduced after the Finnish government meeting of 23 July.

Still, there are no internal border controls in traffic between Finland and Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Greece, Liechtenstein, Malta, Germany, Slovakia and Hungary.

If you are a Thai berry picker, you can also enter the country (you don't really think the Finns would do that themselves, do you?) :D

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Sorry - as much as I hate to have to announce it, this year will not be the third year in a row that I attend this tournament.

For one, I am as stated by Mister T presumably still a person non grata in Finland.

Also, even if Finland would open up for Swedes tomorrow, it is now too late for me to change plans (my wife took that weekend for her hobbies).

See you in 2021.