Singling CG

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
We're going to try out Singling from the Ops magazine.

I rumbled through old posts but could find nothing in regards to errata. Is there any?

I also saw few posts claiming it was pro-American,.... yes? No? Depends?

Finally,... Buildings P8, Q4, and T4 look 'Wooden'. Are they? Or are all buildings Stone (good looking map, btw).

Cheers.

Last edited:

jcferrell

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
I'm playing it on VASL with a friend right now. According to ROAR, it is actually quite German-favorable, so I conceded the American balance to my opponent.

We're on the "midday" scenario now, and we're finding the Americans have clear armor superiority, but it's hard for the American infantry to do anything useful.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Americans are in good shape, if the American really knows how to use his armor. If he doesn't, the Americans will get squashed.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The Americans are in good shape, if the American really knows how to use his armor. If he doesn't, the Americans will get squashed.
As Carl says, at high levels of play, people say this is pro-American. The rest of us schlubs will struggle. The lack of American Infantry places a premium on American armor. If you can't squeeze out every ounce of value from the tanks, you'll lose pretty spectacularly. The first scenario in particular is well designed to separate the wheat from the chaff. Good luck! -- jim

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We're going to try out Singling from the Ops magazine.

I rumbled through old posts but could find nothing in regards to errata. Is there any?

I also saw few posts claiming it was pro-American,.... yes? No? Depends?

Finally,... Buildings P8, Q4, and T4 look 'Wooden'. Are they? Or are all buildings Stone (good looking map, btw).

Cheers.
All Stone I believe.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is one I wish MMP would give the pdf treatment, it looks interesting, small (which is nice sometimes), and fun. I'd love to play it against someone who is good at American armour, as this is a weak point for me, and I'd hopefully learn a lot.

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played as the defending Germans and lost the campaign game. My opponent correctly determined the real limiting constraint for the Germans is infantry manpower which diminishes over time. The Panthers are nice toys but can't be used for building control (obviously). My most effective weapon was probably the 76L ATG, which knocked out at least 3-4 Shermans before being overrun by infantry. It didn't help that I malf'd one of my Panthers MA on its first shot of the opening round and then watched a Sherman fire special ammo at it and get a critical hit. As painful as that was, the second red chit for my OBA mortars was probably what set me back the most as I had little answer for the relatively few advancing American infantrymen. Like the other posts said, the American ability to win depends on the attackers ability to get the most out of his tanks -- smoke, gun duels, special ammo, and so on.