Singling American advise

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere but remember that all Shermans with a 75 MA and any gyro equipped tank has an automatic advantage over the German's vehicles in gun duels.

For example, while I can't quote the exact modifiers I think any sherman that takes on a SPG from outside its covered arc is virtually assured to get the first shot (against the weaker side/rear armour) barring the presence of armour leaders, stuns etc.
Retired Colonel James Leach who was the B Company Commander at Singling personally told me (while I was a guest at his house) that his tank crews did not like them and had disconnected the gyrostabilizers for safety reasons. He also told me that he dismounted from his tank in Singling at one point and lead it on foot. Other than that, I have no suggestions for Singling.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Retired Colonel James Leach who was the B Company Commander at Singling personally told me (while I was a guest at his house) that his tank crews did not like them and had disconnected the gyrostabilizers for safety reasons. He also told me that he dismounted from his tank in Singling at one point and lead it on foot. Other than that, I have no suggestions for Singling.
That’s what I heard, they disconnected them because the breach would move inside the tank.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really interesting!

A day after an ASL Ami gyro bounding fire AFV blew up my Mark IV to win a scenario.

A former Mark IV German tank commander, working with high school me at Victor Gasket manufacturing in 1965 told me that they disconnected the smoke mortars.

He said that they would occasionally just go off due to turbulence. If there were infantry around, they would get pissed off as it highlighted their location.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Bumping again. I am apparently going to be the Amis in this one.

BD
Are you playing the MMP scenario? That is what the OP was directed at (the mini Singling CG).

Peace

Roger

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are I suppose to be playing the campaign. I don't know if that's the MMP scenario. Better minds than mine will be able to answer that question.

BD