Simulating MRSI, and something completely unrelated.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
trying to simulate the Patria-Hagglunds AMOS system and have a few questions.

For the vehicle, I'm just using the XASLAV-120 as it has similar characteristics, but one of the things with the AMOS is MRSI - Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact.

the AMOS system has two 120mm mortar barrels mounted on a turret independent of one another, but the way the system is set up, is so that the mortar can fire it's entire complement of ammo in 38 seconds (18 rounds I think)

the best part about this, is the fact that the onboard computer system gradually decreases the barrels elevation as the mortar fires so that all rounds arrive on target at the same time.

how would be the best way of fudging this?

and secondly, I have TacOps on one compy on my LAN, and I can't find the CD after the move. Can I just up and copy straight over the LAN or will that muck up registry entries and the like?

cheers :)

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
> I have TacOps on one compy on my LAN, and I
> can't find the CD after the move. Can I just up and copy
> straight over the LAN

Yes. You won't have a Startup Menu entry, but you can still start TacOps by double clicking on its exe file.

> or will that muck up registry entries
> and the like?

No. When I coded TacOps I chose to not park anything in the registry. Prefs, temp files, etc. all end up only inside the TacOps folder.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which - come to mention it - is something I've had cause to be grateful for on a number of occasions over the years. Thank you. :)

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MRSI - Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact

Ivan Rapkinov said:
. . .

For the vehicle, I'm just using the XASLAV-120 as it has similar characteristics, but one of the things with the AMOS is MRSI - Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact.

the AMOS system has two 120mm mortar barrels mounted on a turret independent of one another, but the way the system is set up, is so that the mortar can fire it's entire complement of ammo in 38 seconds (18 rounds I think)

the best part about this, is the fact that the onboard computer system gradually decreases the barrels elevation as the mortar fires so that all rounds arrive on target at the same time.

how would be the best way of fudging this? . . .
cheers :)
Sweet! :D So you've got the impact of an MRL without the backblast and stray rounds. I like it. :devil:

Would you normally fire all 18 rounds on a single fire mission or would three six-round engagements be more reasonable?