Simple way to avoid being called a racist

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stop electing and appointing racists to government. Bad enough to be so racially insensitive as to put on black face, but to do it to mock Hurricane Katrina survivors just two months after the storm hit is Trump style low. Only thing missing is a Trump style denial that he ever did it despite photos.

Florida Secretary of State Mike Ertel resigns after Halloween blackface photos emerge

Tater

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stop electing and appointing racists to government. Bad enough to be so racially insensitive as to put on black face, but to do it to mock Hurricane Katrina survivors just two months after the storm hit is Trump style low. Only thing missing is a Trump style denial that he ever did it despite photos.

Florida Secretary of State Mike Ertel resigns after Halloween blackface photos emerge

How many years ago with this? But, of course, it has to be Trumps fault...

Definitions:

Racist/Sexist/Nazi/KKK = Use Facts While Arguing With a Libtard

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many years ago with this? But, of course, it has to be Trumps fault...

Definitions:

Racist/Sexist/Nazi/KKK = Use Facts While Arguing With a Libtard
This just happened last week.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, who said it was Trump's fault? I implied that it was the racist base of the republican party. Remember, it takes a nation to raise a racist president.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, here's what's wrong with the network TV press. Margaret Brennan et al are discussing racial issues and democratic politicians. Specifically, at the 9:20 mark in the discussion, about Elizabeth Warren's claims on Native-American heritage. Brennan asks the conservative (Jonah Goldberg) on the panel about a racist tweet by Trump and why there is no political cost for saying something racist, like it costs a democrat.

The only truthful answer is, because republican voters are by and large white racists and are fine with it. And Goldberg blanches from saying it at 9:57. Of course--he is a conservative agent. "Trump is a package" substitutes for "Trump is a racist and so his voters enjoy it when he makes racist statements."

But the key is, Brennan et al, don't follow up on the non-answer. The press is so frightened of being accused of bias and losing viewership, they let obvious propaganda pass as analysis.

Tater

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only truthful answer is, because republican voters are by and large white racists and are fine with it. And Goldberg blanches from saying it at 9:57. Of course--he is a conservative agent. "Trump is a package" substitutes for "Trump is a racist and so his voters enjoy it when he makes racist statements."
BWWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Classic libtard/Dem...your homies get caught in blackface and your excuse is..."because republican voters are...white racists".

You know what...the KKK is defunct...put out of business by the racism of the Democrat party. The libtards/Dem's practice the worst form of racism...the racism of lowered expectations. Just look at every Democrat stronghold city/state and you will find massive black on black homicide, black on black crime, black poverty...h#ll, the KKK doesn't have to do anything now days they got you libtard/Dem's on the job.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many libtard/Dem's do we have in blackface now?
Just a couple of posts ago you were asking about how many years ago this took place?

Does that only apply when it is a Republican? They are asking the voters in VA and by a 60/ 40 split they want the Governor & AG to stay.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Does that only apply when it is a Republican? They are asking the voters in VA and by a 60/ 40 split they want the Governor & AG to stay.
From what I read (https://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2019/Pres/Maps/Feb11.html#item-2) the majority of black Va voters (58% vs 37%) also want Northam to stay due to his subsequent political record. I'm in the "kids usually are obnoxious arseholes camp". If he had indulged in racist violence or politics then or done something like blackface much beyond his college years, that would have been a very different matter. I get the impression from his demeanour, fumbling and all, that there was no malicious intent, insensitive yes, but such was not as taboo as now. Ditto the AG. It was only in 1978 that the BBC dropped their "The Black and White Minstrel Show".

The Democratic Party itself was still shedding the remnants of its racist heritage to the GoP back in '84. I judge people by the sum of their behaviour over their life.

The Lieutenant Governor Fairfax on the other hand has been accused of serious criminal behaviour, so like Kavanaugh should not be kept in office.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Northam would have been okay politically if he had not had his disastorous news event two Saturdays ago. He came off as an idiot, and we don't want any more idiots at the head of an executive branch of government.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Meanwhile, I have to give some acknowledgement to the new Florida governor. Considering his Trump worship, he's actually doing an almost bi-partisan job so far (with a few salient exceptions). Sadly, he had such a low bar set for him by our former governor, medicare fraudster, and new senator Rick Scott that he could not but do better. Maybe the problem isn't republicans, but millionaires. Get rid of millionaires and billionaires and we could have a functioning government.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Maybe the problem isn't republicans, but millionaires. Get rid of millionaires and billionaires and we could have a functioning government.
For me it's not that they are rich, though that can engender airs of superiority, it's their business experience. Companies are not democracies, they are autocracies. Some politicians from that world can rise above that environment, but too many can't and expect unquestioning obedience as a right (eg Pee-resident Spanky).

Tater

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a couple of posts ago you were asking about how many years ago this took place?
So you are accusing me of being as hypocritical, double standard and inconsistent as you libtards? OK...

Wearing blackface as part of a caricature/costume/event may be low brow humor but it isn't necessarily racist...unless you are a Republican/conservative.

I would give both the Dems/GOP a pass on it...the problem is that you libtards have established the base line that it all must be a career ending infraction...but now it you want to play home team politics...that just reveals that the constant playing of the race card isn't about justice or truth or even racism...it's just a political tactic.

All this has lead to the sad state that the term "racism" and/or "racist" has become meaningless in any debate. You libtards have cried wolf so much (and so fraudulently) that no one believes you and are ignoring you.

Case in point...now, it seems, blackface is OK since so many libtards have been caught doing it. The same with the "metoo" sexual assault movement...now that libtard politicians are getting caught in the "metoo" net, always believing the woman has gone out the window.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So you are accusing me of being as hypocritical, double standard and inconsistent as you libtards? OK...
Wearing blackface as part of a caricature/costume/event may be low brow humor but it isn't necessarily racist...unless you are a Republican/conservative.
I never posted anywhere that i thought the AG, from Florida, should have resigned. People do dumb things and should not have to pay for their whole lives. People from VA, and a majority of blacks, don't think that he should resign. That is all that really needs to be said.

I was just questioning you posting about the Democrat (and calling him names) but having the opposite reaction when it was your home team. Your the one being a hypocrite.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never posted anywhere that i thought the AG, from Florida, should have resigned.
I certainly think he (the FL SecState) should have resigned (as he did). He was an elected official at the time. And, not only was he in black face, but he was mocking people who had lost everything to Hurricane Katrina. For that alone he should be drummed out of service, nevermind the black face in 2008.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is inherently racist. The fact is it was common (especially in the south) in the 70s and 80s just shows how far we've come. Well, how far some people have come and how far republicans have to go.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I certainly think he (the FL SecState) should have resigned (as he did). He was an elected official at the time. And, not only was he in black face, but he was mocking people who had lost everything to Hurricane Katrina. For that alone he should be drummed out of service, nevermind the black face in 2008.
In my post above i was not necessarily saying that he should not have resigned his post. I was not even aware that he did this in 2008, that is how much I paid attention to that whole thing. I will say 2008 is far different than 1984 but it is up to the voters in their respective states to make that decision.

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am sure most black people think both white Democrats and Republicans are racist as individuals.

It's the racist laws that Republicans enact that are the problem. And I rely on court findings in the last 10 years when I say that, not my individual opinion.