Simple question about SWA1 scenario

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have a few questions about the SWA1 scenario which I can’t answer from the manual. Anyone can help?

Blue’s FAs, except for the theater missiles are attached to someone else (TAC HQ). As a result, I can’t get them to do opportunity fire, SEAD or counterfire. Instead, in the unit dialog, I get this confusing list of “Active supplying units†listing “ltCSSâ€, a unit that doesn’t exist and make my MLRS look like a supply point more than an artillery unit. Worst, the widget to change their mission type is grayed out so I can’t change the mission to withdrawal as the Red forces are pouring in from all sides. There is a corp-level Bn of MLRS with 48 combat factors which would come very handy, but I just can’t get it to do anything at this point. Detaching one of these FA units from TAC HQ doesn’t do anything but take them off the list of attached units.

My question is: how can I get control of these units again so I can tell them to perform SEAD, counterfire or Opportunity fire?

If the answer is in the docs, I would love to know where to look again.

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mmm, too bad. I guess that I would break copyright laws if I post a corrected version of the scenario? Provided that I get around to fix it. I'm trying "Calling Saddam's hand" scenario since I ran into problems with SWA1.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think you'd be breaking the rules - you can post home-made scenarios, after all.