Silver Lions II - Preview

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, for those interested, here is a preview of what I am considering for a new Silver Lions II User Campaign. It sort of follows the story/theme of the original Silver Lions Campaign and picks up when the war starts back up one year later.

I have created the 1st scenario and put it into a User Campaign format for playing. It is expected to take some time to build this especially as I am considering the development of a Mexican Drug War II User Campaign.

If you want to download it, play through the initial scenario and comment here in this thread I would appreciate any feedback.

I also welcome any suggestions/recommendations on what "path" the story should follow.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Silver Lions II

Date: August 1986
Game/Version: WinSPMBT 4.0
Fixed Core Force Campaign

Average Turns:_TBD
Nation: United States Army
Command Size: Company/Team

Number of Scenarios:_TBD

INTRODUCTION:

In the summer of 1985 World War III finally erupted between NATO and the Warsaw Pact. After 3 months of heavy fighting and the seesawing back and forth of the front lines a cease fire was finally negotiated. For the most part, the orginal borders were restored with the exception of a couple of significant NATO penetrations into Western Czechoslovakia. During the somewhat peaceful winter of 1985/86, both sides rearmed and redeployed their forces for the expected resumption of hostilities. It was at this time the US 8th Infantry Division (Pathfinders) was deployed into defensive positions in the vicinity of Cachrov, Czechoslovakia. In August 1986, fighting was renewed when Warsaw Pact forces launched extensive offensive operations all along the front.

For this campaign, you are the commander of the US Army's D Company (Team Delta), 2nd Battalion (Silver Lions), 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division. This unit is a standard US company sized armor heavy task force. Your unit is deployed in the area of Cachrov and the men await your orders.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Special thanks to Marek Tucan for his maps. I will be using these excellent maps for the area where the campaign takes place.

Last edited:

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Hey Deuce, I would be happy to playtest this campaign for you if you need, or the Mexican Drug War II - I enjoyed both of the first one's immensely.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Deuce, I would be happy to playtest this campaign for you if you need, or the Mexican Drug War II - I enjoyed both of the first one's immensely.
I just have the one scenario set up at this point and it will probably undergo some changes.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have uploaded a "Preview" version that includes 2 full scenarios. You select between 2 possible "options" and fight that battle. Depending on your choice, you either get hit by the Regimental Recon/Forward Security Element/Advance Guard OR the Regimental Main Body of the leading Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 19th CVA Motorized Rifle Division. :devious:

Attachment in the 1st post.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those of you following along, all of the tactical maps for the campaign have been created and Marek has graciously put together this “overview” map of the campaign area. There are 7 master maps that will be cut, cropped and adjusted to fit the scenarios. You will likely see sections of these bigger maps used in several scenarios by the time all is said and done.

The overview map can be found here; SL II Campaign Map

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
When do you think you will have the rough version of the campaign finished?