Silly After Action Report - French Civil War in Gabon

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also got absolutely crushed as the Free French when I played this. Very pro-Vichy IMHO.

So, the joy is spread around. ;)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given that de Gaulle's troops were Legionnaires and the garrison was mostly colonial the number of actual French people involved in this civil war was probably about three.

Best Insouciant Smackdown Of The French

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Amazingly, according to Wikipedia, 24% of the recruits to the French Foreign Legion in 2007 were actually French:

I don't know what's going on there. Are they all pretending to be Belgian? The Wikipedia source is here:

And as soon as any of those Legionnaires were wounded they instantly became French. Now that is an SSR I have not seen before:

"Français par le sang versé" ("French by spilled blood").

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Part of the difficulty encountered by you in this scenario may come from the fact of not knowing your right from your left. As the Legionaries your right flank is his left as is the left of the map, Right? :unsure:;)

vonTrotta

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Part of the difficulty encountered by you in this scenario may come from the fact of not knowing your right from your left. As the Legionaries your right flank is his left as is the left of the map, Right? :unsure:;)
Believe me not knowing my right from my left is one of the more minor of my ASL problems. I normally try and reference it by the the pictures themselves but I don't always get it left. I mean right.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, that's clockwise and counter-clockwise.
Their time runs backwards too? Who knew? I thought they always lived in the future, but now I find out its been the past all along.