Country
llUnited States
Lol “What are those big question marks up on the hills ? “

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The procedures for clearance of a minefield are in B24.74. As long as the unit(s) attempting to clear the minefield use all of the MF allowance to enter the minefield and become TI they can enter the minefield free of an attack.

vonTrotta

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The procedures for clearance of a minefield are in B24.74. As long as the unit(s) attempting to clear the minefield use all of the MF allowance to enter the minefield and become TI they can enter the minefield free of an attack.
Thank you. I discovered that rule literally five minutes before you posted this. Do you think either Dave or I could find it when it actually mattered? To be fair it was obvious that neither of us was at our best.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
"A Sherman dropped a WP round on its hex which broke the squad manning the machine gun but drove the 9-1 commanding it berserk."

A 4-6-7 in a stone building with WP on them = 7 + 3 TEM = roll 11 or 12 to break - ouch. Suppose it evens out the snake eyes prior to that which made the officer beserk............

Good luck with the next one 👍

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Weary, grimy but elated with victory the armoured column rolled into the village and came to a sudden halt. In the village square was a shabby, unshaven man in the tattered remains of what might have been a uniform. He was was sitting on a pile of crates. The commander of the lead tank got out and approached the stranger.
"Who the hell are you?"
"Name's Outlebarrel," replied the other patting the crates. "If you're interested in black market asparagus I'm the man to see."

Yay! The fan-boys and masses applaude the return of Outlebarrel! He's baaaack! 👍👏🦸‍♂️
Now, the path of glory is cleared for an Allied victory to end the war once and for all!

von Marwitz

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
"Je suis Charles" bumper stick: 5 French Francs
Handpainted, artisan bulls-eye Tee: 25 FF
(US) Army-surplus mine detector. Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy.

For everything else, there's "black market asparagus."

Last edited:

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How did our esteemed Sous-Lieutenant escape the toil and drudgery of the asparagus mines and make his way back to France? Inquiring minds want to know!

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LOL: On the last I too rolled snake eyes and we just hosed the guy off the tank afterwards.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
How did our esteemed Sous-Lieutenant escape the toil and drudgery of the asparagus mines and make his way back to France? Inquiring minds want to know!
I suppose that Sous-Lieutenant Outlebarrel will treat us with his version of the story as an intro to the next AAR when he resumes command.

I not only suppose so, I hope so and would encourage it. Historians and chroniclers need to document this pivotal turning point in history for the world thereafter.

von Marwitz

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I not only suppose so, I hope so and would encourage it. Historians and chroniclers need to document this pivotal turning point in history for the world thereafter.
If only to track the spread of Asparavirus-44, which did not affect humans but decimated the agricultural economy of southern France for years.