"Side X sets up as if Side Y enter from offboard" and Bore Sighting

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Say a SSR specifies that one side sets up as if the opponent entered from offboard (example I have in mind: BtB3 Kraut Corner).

Does it make this side the Scenario Defender, and allow Bore Sighting? Or does it just allow additional concealment prior to the other player doing his setup?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would apply all advantages for having an opponent setting up offboard - unless the SSR is more specific.
What would be the reason to select one and not the other?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The version of this scenario that I have has SSR 1 saying:
"1. The Germans setup per A12.12. as if the Americans are entering from offboard."

Since there is a specific rules-reference to A12.12 I would probably play as if the SSR only applies to setting up concealed.

buser333

Reaction score
The BFP re-release of this says simply:
"The Germans setup as if the Americans enter from offboard."

So, if playing that version anyway, I would say all actions allowed by offboard entry would be allowed the defender.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So, if playing that version anyway, I would say all actions allowed by offboard entry would be allowed the defender.
It probably would have been much better/clearer to just spell out that the German can set up concealed (and may use bore sighting - if indeed that is the intent [does not seem like it was in the original version though]). :)