Shrubbery Rules Anyone?

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
B.37.91 Shrubbery can be removed via a successful clearance DR, the unit involved is marked with an IT counter. Any Knights of Ni MMC who are ADJACENT when the IT counter is placed must pass an immediate 3MC

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Are African swallows or European swallows allowed in the shrubbery?

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
shrubbery huh...

waiting for the Return of the Giant Hogweed SSR... not just another lame Genesis art-snoozer... but for ASL .. a new terrain type.. like brush in all aspects but one... it is an automatic CR to enter... I was reading an account of an Aussie unit in New Guinea that made the mistake of fucking around in that stuff... put them most all in the hospital... so perhaps a KIA result in game terms would be more appropriate.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
shrubbery huh...

waiting for the Return of the Giant Hogweed SSR... not just another lame Genesis art-snoozer... but for ASL .. a new terrain type.. like brush in all aspects but one... it is an automatic CR to enter... I was reading an account of an Aussie unit in New Guinea that made the mistake of fucking around in that stuff... put them most all in the hospital... so perhaps a KIA result in game terms would be more appropriate.
I won't interupt you for 100 Pounds

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
shrubbery huh...

Interesting must be nasty stuff given it doesn't occur in PNG but still manages to fell the unwary there.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sheesh.. rough crowd... then again it is ASL.

I thought a 'Giant Hogweed' SSR might sound more fun than than a 'Apiaceae family of furanocoumarin-producing plants' SSR (which Giant Hogweed is a member of and which are found in New Guinea)

ASL'rs.. gotta love them...

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
sheesh.. rough crowd... then again it is ASL.

I thought a 'Giant Hogweed' SSR might sound more fun than than a 'Apiaceae family of furanocoumarin-producing plants' SSR (which Giant Hogweed is a member of and which are found in New Guinea)

ASL'rs.. gotta love them...
Not really ASl'ers but rather that I live in Northern Australia and have had a long time association with PNG and I've never heard of such a thing. Plenty of other nasties of course but not this one.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ahhh.. I figured you were just straight manning me there. yeah Giant Hogweed isn't found in PNG.. but is one that most ASL'rs might recognize, Europeans and East Coasties... but it is but one of 36 types of plants in that family that are as nasty as the rather infamous Giant Hogweed

It was so bad I read that the commanders of those Aussies thought the Japanese had used Mustard Gas on them. Severe burns and blisters.

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ahhh.. I figured you were just straight manning me there. yeah Giant Hogweed isn't found in PNG.. but is one that most ASL'rs might recognize, Europeans and East Coasties... but it is but one of 36 types of plants in that family that are as nasty as the rather infamous Giant Hogweed

It was so bad I read that the commanders of those Aussies thought the Japanese had used Mustard Gas on them. Severe burns and blisters.
I'd be interested to know the exact plant they came upon, seems there is still a plant out there that hasn't attacked me yet, all the others have !

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll see what I can dig up.. as you probably know better than me.. the PNG is a incredibly diverse ecological area. I'd be surprised if the 1940's TO&E of the Aussie forces included.... a botanist.. a good gig if it was...then again.. they did determine it wasn't a enemy chemical attack but the bad side of ol' mother nature at work there so it figures someone knew what they got into in the process of making sure it was not a enemy chemical attack.

and errata to the SSR.. mandatory CR seems a bit too harsh.. unit must take a TC upon entering the hex. Failure results in CR...

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be interested to know the exact plant they came upon, seems there is still a plant out there that hasn't attacked me yet, all the others have !
not surprisingly didn't find anything mentioning specifically what plant it was.. but context being everything in solved historical puzzles.... it was very likely a Pastinaca sativa.. or by its common name. Wild Parsnip. Makes sence due to the horrid logistics of the New Guinea campaign.. the poor guys were hungry.. and had the munchies... but didn't get the divisional 'safety guy's' memo that while the roots are edible.. the shoots and leaves were toxic

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And watch put for the Black Knight wanting to duel with you to pass over the bridge.........you might just get a "flesh wound or two"...........what this is nothing but a flesh wound..............now get back here and I will bite your knee caps off..............

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
What about the Bog check on the garden ornaments? You don't want a bird bath getting stuck in your tracks.