Should we add a TacOps forum?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Since we are creating a "Military Simulations" community here at Warfare HQ, should we create a TacOps forum as well? It may or may not get a lot of traffic, but it might come in handy as an additional place for TacOps players to post.

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Don that would be an excellent idea, TacOps is a really fantastic tactical warsim, that with our sized community contributing maps would really expand TacOps, and when the Major releases TacOps v5 with the AI scenario editor things can really grow.

TacOps really has alot of potential for this forum, definatly worth considering, you have got my thumbs up :thumup:

Good Idea Don :D

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you add it, I will check in daily to see if there is any activity.

I can't predict if there will be much activity. I have funded a semi-private TacOps mailing list for four or five years and it seems that the TacOps faithful prefer to get email from the list rather than use a web forum. I have tried gently several times to get them to switch over to the TacOps forum at Battlefront with no success.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually I decided earlier today that it is time to point the mailing list to warfarehq again.

What you built for the modern military simulations as a whole is very impressive and several steps bejond what you had when it had a TacOps forum once.

The AAR posting capabilities are probably attractive as well (BTW, why do you use that mini font for those? :)).

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don,

I've always been a believer in the more the better here. I think the additional exposure is a good thing. I'm extremely happy about the addition of DA and want to commend you for pulling that together and getting a tournament off the ground so soon.

I probably won't purchase TacOps until v5 comes out, but I'm up for more visitors.

Take care,
Brian

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf said:
Actually I decided earlier today that it is time to point the mailing list to warfarehq again.

What you built for the modern military simulations as a whole is very impressive and several steps beyond what you had when it had a TacOps forum once.
Thanks. It is my intent to make this the place to come for military sims of this type. I believe we're well on our way to achieving that goal. Each one of these wargames has a fairly small community, but most of us play more than one. These forums provide a good way for all of us to come together and discuss topics that are of interest to all while still maintaining a game-specific forum for each title. I really think this is going to be a big success (it already has to some extent).

The AAR posting capabilities are probably attractive as well (BTW, why do you use that mini font for those? :)).
Agreed. These forums have features that no simple mailing list can possibly hope to compete with. I know some prefer to get updates via email but I would like to point out that there is a subscription option here too. The ability to post AAR's and files is also a big plus.

If Major H supports this effort there is a chance it will get some attention from the TacOps community, which I think is a good thing all the way around.

What exactly are you talking about with the "mini font?"

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The AAR pages appear in my Mozilla variant browser with an annoying small font, much smaller than the forum.

Another minor point is that you open a new Window, although it's still the same site.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf said:
The AAR pages appear in my Mozilla variant browser with an annoying small font, much smaller than the forum.

Another minor point is that you open a new Window, although it's still the same site.
I'm afraid you lost me. Are you talking about the AAR section on the main webpage or the AAR sub-forum we have here? The AAR sub-forum should look the same as any other part of the forum. If you're talking about the AAR section, then I'm sure not seeing what you're seeing. The html AAR's use the same fon't and style as the rest of Warfare HQ uses. I'm also not seeing anything open up in a new window. What link are you clicking on to get this?

please be specific so I can track this stuff down and fix it. Thanks!

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States