Shootings at NZ Mosques

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Far right wing, racist Australian it looks like, published a manifesto on line and livestreamed the shooting. Sick fuck.

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
"We, New Zealand, we were not a target because we are a safe harbour for those who hate.
"We were not chosen for this act of violence because we condone racism, because we are an enclave for extremism,"
"We were chosen for the very fact that we are none of those things."
"We are a proud nation of more than 200 ethnicities, 160 languages. And amongst that diversity we share common values. And the one that we place the currency on right now is our compassion and support for the community of those directly affected by this tragedy.
"And secondly, the strongest possible condemnation of the ideology of the people who did this,"
"You may have chosen us – we utterly reject and condemn you."

"Many of those who would have been directly affected by the shooting may be migrants to New Zealand. They may even be refugees here. They have chosen to make New Zealand their home, and it is their home. They are us. The person who has perpetuated this violence against us is not. They have no place in New Zealand."

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Words of hate matter. This crazy f*ck was imbibing in right-wing hate talk before pulling the trigger. Much of this talk is coming from the US; whether in small doses or large, they add up eventually to triggering violence among guys on the edge. Trump has encouraged bigotry and hatred, and stands as someone who right-wing hate-mongers look up to provide them, in their minds, legitimacy.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Welcome to the Real World MrP- maybe you can sympathise with British men who have to read stories about 10,000 plus white schoolgirls being beaten and raped by gangs of degenerates and wonder how that could happen here and why it was covered up................. maybe you thought that only French, Brits, Yanks, Swedes and Germans were the only ones who deserved to be raped and butchered .......................by sick f*cks...............I find it odd that your outrage has only been evident at a white guy doing the killing....I wonder what your reaction would be if it was the other way around ???????

https://www.trtworld.com/opinion/christians-in-iraq-dwindle-and-struggle-to-survive-19772

These do not have anyone to shed tears for them....................butchered in 100's of thousands...................I wonder where the hate came from to kill and persecute them.

This is only the canary in the sheep farm.................the hatred of western values and society has been one way from both the left and the peaceful ones..........................Meeeeh ! Pffffft !.................................

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Words of hate matter. This crazy f*ck was imbibing in right-wing hate talk before pulling the trigger. Much of this talk is coming from the US; whether in small doses or large, they add up eventually to triggering violence among guys on the edge. Trump has encouraged bigotry and hatred, and stands as someone who right-wing hate-mongers look up to provide them, in their minds, legitimacy.
It is not starting in the US. It has started everywhere and hate speech was on the rise worldwide long before 2016. Trump is just a catalyst for that rhetoric. He is a total POS for a human being but the crazies of the world did not need Donald J. Trump to do anything.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is not starting in the US. It has started everywhere and hate speech was on the rise worldwide long before 2016. Trump is just a catalyst for that rhetoric. He is a total POS for a human being but the crazies of the world did not need Donald J. Trump to do anything.
Hate is universal, no doubt. But the US exerts a disproportionate influence around the world because of our presence around the world; commerce, military, media.
So, while right-wing authoritarian fascism isn't new and did take off in the 20th Century outside the US, I would argue that the US, since WWII, the US has indeed been the most prolific source of right-wing fascist propaganda. Trump is their new Leader-hero and apparently they look to him in that way. And he loves that attention.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

The purveyors of love speech and crime have something to say....................all together now...........pants down............ naked butts in the air........." Pleaaase,.....pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase, spare my miserable life...........I will do and say anything to appease you.....absolutely anything..................annnnnyyyyythiiiiing.......................take my country, my women, my children....and my sheep.....MeeeeeeH !

Any Leftists wanting to call these Isis people sick f*cks......................I can't wait all day.................No !,,,, I did not think soooooooooo.....!....Pffffft !...

I wonder why they call it ChristChurch...???????

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Trump is a symptom, not the cause. Also, US history has so much racism that thinking this is at all new would be to show real ignorance of US history.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Racism now? I thought the guy(s) lit up the places because of religion? Muslim people are all over the world.

And, besides that, how the knee-jerk thinkers jump on Trump from this, when his manifesto mentions the European attacks, is beyond me. Oh well, some idiot on the internet said something irrational, not the end of the world.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hate is universal, no doubt. But the US exerts a disproportionate influence around the world because of our presence around the world; commerce, military, media.
So, while right-wing authoritarian fascism isn't new and did take off in the 20th Century outside the US, I would argue that the US, since WWII, the US has indeed been the most prolific source of right-wing fascist propaganda. Trump is their new Leader-hero and apparently they look to him in that way. And he loves that attention.
Don,

Wake up. The hate is being propagated throughout social media -FROM RUSSIA!! We (as in the West) are in the middle of a cyber war and we are LOSING. Russia is spreading hate and discontent throughout all of Europe with the use of social media. The rise of the far-right governments is not a result of anything that the US has done, excepting Iraq, and is a result of dwindling money, dwindling natural resources, & diminishing upward mobility.

We have had to change our money how many times in the past 20 years due to counterfeiting from Iran? China engages in cyber espionage/ data theft on a grand scale and has no intentions of stopping. North Korea uses malware ransom to fund their government.

Why are the people from the southern hemisphere stampeding northward? Global warming, war & safety. The governments that were barely adequate 10 years ago are now totally inadequate to take care of their peoples and those same people are now looking for a better alternative. The same issues that their previous governments were trying to deal with are being pushed onto the governments that they are trying to move into (dwindling money, dwindling natural resources, & diminishing upward mobility). This is only going to get worse.

Do away with the military industrial complex if you think that is the 'wave' of the world. Then all of the people will come to your campfire and sing kumbaya and the world will be a great place. Later, when you fall asleep, they will cut your head off and take all of your firewood... You have no way to protect yourself. Natural selection :)

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We disagree again, but that's OK. I think you've grossly overestimated the Russian thing. I can't disagree that they're trying to sew confusion and discontent, but talking about or exaggerating a 'war' with them is something that plays suspiciously into the hands of the MIC and their influence - something you more or less deny the existence or influence of. No, it's not Russia regardless of what Rachel says to us. Oh well.

As for the stampede northward from Central America. Yes, to the reasons you mention, but are you aware of the reasons why their governments are so screwed up? Aware of the US involvement in CE over the past century, their installation of oppressive right-wing dictatorships in the last 30 years which has stirred up their population? You should be..

The MIC complex is part of the problem - not the solution. We're broke due to paying for it. Because we have such a strong MIC, we feel empowered to use it (Iraq, Afghanistan, and maybe soon Venezuala). No, we get ourselves into our own troubles. When do we start taking responsibility for the problems we experience? Blame 'them'?
That isn't working. We need to be more introspective about what, who, we are.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11753529

Villefying Jews and Christians------------------------ feeeeeeeel that looooooove speech....let it ooze through both brain cells....and soon , you will be skipping through the daisies.....safe in your deluded bubble.......your linus blanket........and soft moon slipper reality...........it's all a right-wing conspiracy which will never touch you in any way................saaaaaafe in your cosy home and CNN Drip feed cable coming out of your rear end..........Aaaaaaaaah !

" Home Sweet and Safe Liberal Home ! "................

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We disagree again, but that's OK. I think you've grossly overestimated the Russian thing. I can't disagree that they're trying to sew confusion and discontent, but talking about or exaggerating a 'war' with them is something that plays suspiciously into the hands of the MIC and their influence - something you more or less deny the existence or influence of. No, it's not Russia regardless of what Rachel says to us. Oh well.

As for the stampede northward from Central America. Yes, to the reasons you mention, but are you aware of the reasons why their governments are so screwed up? Aware of the US involvement in CE over the past century, their installation of oppressive right-wing dictatorships in the last 30 years which has stirred up their population? You should be..

The MIC complex is part of the problem - not the solution. We're broke due to paying for it. Because we have such a strong MIC, we feel empowered to use it (Iraq, Afghanistan, and maybe soon Venezuala). No, we get ourselves into our own troubles. When do we start taking responsibility for the problems we experience? Blame 'them'?
That isn't working. We need to be more introspective about what, who, we are.
We are not going to agree on everything, that is OK. I think you are terribly naive to think that we are not in a cyber war right now. We are definitely in the midst of one right now. The push in militaries is in specialization -specialized troops for cyber, special ops, specialized equipment (IE: Littoral ships -smaller, maneuverable, & lethal to challenge the Chinese in the waters around Indonesia, ect.. The days of mass armies fighting are becoming a thing of the past but they are not extinct by a long shot.

As far as Central America -we have made some bad mistakes but not everything was bad but I was not just talking CA/ SA. I meant the whole of the southern hemisphere. People from Africa are flooding out of there for the very same reasons. We did not do this. Are you going to blame us for that or think that maybe there might be some other reasons that is pushing this exodus. If we are so bad, why are they heading towards us and not away from us? Opportunity.. a chance. They do not have either from where they are coming from.