Shoot the messenger

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Trump is thin skinned, like a banana republic dictator, that he is now firing his own pollsters because he doesn't like the results of the poll. Next up, he will proclaim himself Grofaz and order strikes on Iran to avoid listening to bad polling numbers. I wonder how much the next pollsters he hires lists him up by, 10%? Because if you fire people who tell you bad news, you will only ever hear good news.

Trump campaign says it will fire multiple pollsters after unflattering numbers leak

President Donald Trump's campaign says it will fire several pollsters after internal polling numbers that showed the President lagging behind Democratic presidential candidates in key states were made public, according to two campaign officials.
CNN and other outlets first reported the numbers -- which showed Trump lagging behind Joe Biden in states like Michigan and Wisconsin -- weeks ago, but a purge of the polling team was proposed after Trump grew angry about coverage of the numbers in recent days. Campaign officials were frustrated after the detailed numbers of four of the 17 states polled leaked to outlets like ABC last week.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yeah wasn't that too damn funny... fired not because their numbers were wrong.. any swinging dick with a finger can step outside and tell which way the wind is blowing.. 40% support gets you smoked in an election

they were fired.. and this is the best part.. . 'to mollify (the overly sensitive and bruised ego) of our dear President'

that is the funny part... what is not funny though.. man you touch on it. Iran. Read up if you feel like being scared sleepless tonight what is going on in the Pentagon.. namely.. whey Shanahan is opposed by so many.. and likely will remain one of the fast growing 'acting' members of President's cabinet.

it is 2002 deju vu all over again... politicians making shit up and more inportantly inserting themelves in their poltical agenda into the chain of command at the Pentagon.

for it doesn't take a ASL tournament winner to see that Iran and Iraq are apples and oranges.. nor does it take a poltical scientist (for you know Trump knows it) that in our history NO SITTING PRESIDENT has ever lost re-election in times of conflict.

best pray he gets some bad pollsters.. hire that Rasmussan guy that digs the chicks over at FAUX.. for if is delusions are shattered and he sees what most all of us see.. he is screwed in 2020.. we've done it once.. we could do it again. .and go to war for simple poltics. And it will likely be a bloodbath many times what Iraq was...

scary shit man..

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hard to imagine that we'd actually go to war with Iran, but also hard to imagine that we have enough intelligence to not go to war with Iran.

Confusing! Too many underlying themes here that drive this; neocon warmongering, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Russia, China, Oil, the US Dollar... god only knows. But it would be a good diversion for Trump if he thought he needed it, and good for Lockheed Martin or Boeing (which is in trouble). But I suspect whatever the reason, we'll not be informed.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yeah wasn't that too damn funny... fired not because their numbers were wrong.. any swinging dick with a finger can step outside and tell which way the wind is blowing.. 40% support gets you smoked in an election

they were fired.. and this is the best part.. . 'to mollify (the overly sensitive and bruised ego) of our dear President'

that is the funny part... what is not funny though.. man you touch on it. Iran. Read up if you feel like being scared sleepless tonight what is going on in the Pentagon.. namely.. whey Shanahan is opposed by so many.. and likely will remain one of the fast growing 'acting' members of President's cabinet.

it is 2002 deju vu all over again... politicians making shit up and more inportantly inserting themelves in their poltical agenda into the chain of command at the Pentagon.

for it doesn't take a ASL tournament winner to see that Iran and Iraq are apples and oranges.. nor does it take a poltical scientist (for you know Trump knows it) that in our history NO SITTING PRESIDENT has ever lost re-election in times of conflict.

best pray he gets some bad pollsters.. hire that Rasmussan guy that digs the chicks over at FAUX.. for if is delusions are shattered and he sees what most all of us see.. he is screwed in 2020.. we've done it once.. we could do it again. .and go to war for simple poltics. And it will likely be a bloodbath many times what Iraq was...

scary shit man..
Going to war would be a disaster for Trump. The shock to the "oil" flow would tank any hopes of keeping our economy flowing upwards. I think it would doom his re-election but 2002 does loom very large.

There is some talk that the pollsters used themselves as sacrificial lambs to get the President to listen as to how much different this campaign is going to be then 2016 was.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Going to war would be a disaster for Trump. The shock to the "oil" flow would tank any hopes of keeping our economy flowing upwards. I think it would doom his re-election but 2002 does loom very large.

There is some talk that the pollsters used themselves as sacrificial lambs to get the President to listen as to how much different this campaign is going to be then 2016 was.
As to war, I agree that war would be a disaster for Spanky, but he would see that as a distraction and a "rally the people moment". Don't forget that this is the person who a year ago confessed to obstruction of justice and recently that he would accept dirt from foreign governments on live TV. Not the brightest orange in the grove. 1914 anybody?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would be a disaster for the USA, as Iran would surely win such a war. However, we've blown up Iranian speed boats before and doing so a gain is no risk high reward for Trump politically. But I'd say the Saudis have the most to gain from the situation, and Trump loves the Saudis.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given who's in the WH, anything goes. Trump appears to have surrendered authority to Bolton and Pompeo. That's dangerous and stupid, and we're all guessing what's next with these 3 miscreants. Congress will not stop them - they know that. Historical context and reason - out the window at this point.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would be a disaster for the USA, as Iran would surely win such a war. However, we've blown up Iranian speed boats before and doing so a gain is no risk high reward for Trump politically. But I'd say the Saudis have the most to gain from the situation, and Trump loves the Saudis.
that is the fear... always was with Trump... his domestic messes could be cleaned up. Lord knows the Democratic Party have become experts out of necessity of cleaning up economic messes left by their Repubican predessors. However the fear with Trump was his complete lack of empathy, complete overdosing on bravado testerone and his single mindeed focus on nothing ..but himself could lead us by shear incompentance or purely political calculation into more foreign entanglements/conflicts.

Iraq messy as it was, and took a decade and then some to get out from under.. fight us conventually as you'll get your ass kicked..

but Iran isn't going to do that.. assuming they aren't a bunch of idiots.. savages and I wouldn't and god help us in our military leadership thinks so .. they will play to their strengths and not ours. Need I remind of MC02 which showed what good leadership on their side and overconfidence on our side COULD lead to... IIRC that was 20,000 simulated American dead.. in the first day.

that is how we could lose... there is no stomach today for anything remotely approaching those kinds of numbers. This isn't WW2 where the Japanese grossly underestimated our resolve and ability to take losses... not even Iraq where 9-11 was still fresh.. but a completely unneccessary and provoked on our part conflict. It would be probably be the first time we voted out a sitting President.. assuming the mob hadn't stormed the White House.. or his Florida retreat and strung him up a tree. Today's divisions likely are toss merely a carelessly tossed cigarette butt away from making the divisions of the 60's look calm.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The whole ME stinks to the sky of the on and off Balkan wars from the 1870s to the early 1910s and we all know where that led to. The danger today is less the meddling in ME states affairs but a lack of a clear strategic vision by the US and to a lesser extent Russia. Russia seems to have learnt its lesson of the limits of its influence there from the Soviet activities there in the '60s and '70s. Russia's approach is a deal here and a deal there, see how that flies. China's is to use very mainly low key civil deals to slowly win friends. The US comes in and walks over everything with size 12 boots.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
if it wasn't such a dangerous subject with the tragic prospect of so many lives needlessly wasted or ruined it would be a fascinating impersonal.. intellectually if you will....look into just how deep his mental issues.. his complete lack of empathy and likely clinical grade narcissism really are.

I think he would love some of that juicy, "don't criticize a war-time president" stuff.
I think he would love something else.. the pink elephant in the room that I think that many have forgotten but doubt Trump has..

he has some very deep legal problems that will likely come to head when he leaves office... you can't help but notice the black hole out of Manhatten and the Feds there (not the same as Mueller of course) since they found what they did on Trump. They is likely waiting for when he leaves office to drop the legal boom on him for felonies...committed both during the 2016 campaign and while in office.

that would you think make him highly motivated to stay in office as long as possible and leave no stone unturned to try to win in 2020. Rallying around the flag is as close to a winner as one has in American Politics...

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
if it wasn't such a dangerous subject with the tragic prospect of so many lives needlessly wasted or ruined it would be a fascinating impersonal.. intellectually if you will....look into just how deep his mental issues.. his complete lack of empathy and likely clinical grade narcissism really are.

I think he would love something else.. the pink elephant in the room that I think that many have forgotten but doubt Trump has..

he has some very deep legal problems that will likely come to head when he leaves office... you can't help but notice the black hole out of Manhatten and the Feds there (not the same as Mueller of course) since they found what they did on Trump. They is likely waiting for when he leaves office to drop the legal boom on him for felonies...committed both during the 2016 campaign and while in office.

that would you think make him highly motivated to stay in office as long as possible and leave no stone unturned to try to win in 2020. Rallying around the flag is as close to a winner as one has in American Politics...
Fair comment, but I was kinda joking :)

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can dig that... I have a very black sense of humor myself but see too many parallels to 2002... and that was when even though as today we had a mental midget in the Oval Office but then we had one at least with a good heart and probably was a decent enough of a guy who naively listened to the political hawks who told him it would be a cakewalk...

so fast forward to today.. same hawks... a cakewalk... I mean.. they ride around in fucking speedboats and ride prop planes.. and probably have enough spare parts to get a couple of tanks running.. and then there is the current occupier of the Oval Office. I ain't afraid for myself but am for the poor souls in uniform that could be sent into hell because... takes a deep breath...

this country was too fucking ignorant and short sighted to see what many did see... but not enough... Donald J. Trump did not have enough experience or the temperment to be elected city dog catcher.. much less our nations commander in chief.. not with those mental issues he has. Kelly and Mattis are gone. .who are left.. partisan hawks and ass kissers.... Say Iran pushes his buttons.. does anyone really think he has enough .. sense.. to let it slide.. no.. .rather than look small.. he could and I think would.. create an inferno.

as I said scary shit.. and I'll joke about most anything.. but not that.. no way man haha

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's an interesting conversation between a couple of well informed watchers: Prof. Michel Chossudovsky and Pepe Escobar.

What is the saying - 'all wars are bankers wars'. Could be.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In the article you find a link to a just-released report (then removed) from the Joint Chiefs. The conditions to use nuclear weapons seem worryingly broad.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Trump is a coward at heart. He does not have it in him to start a war with Iran.
They won't start a war. They will target Iran's fast boats in retaliation for the drone and just keep pushing Iran until Iran hits back. Then, "See what they did?!? We told you so!" That way they can hit them back even harder and really squeeze Iran. Sen Cotton is pushing for a strike against Iran and will settle for nothing less than a total regime change.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Sen Cotton is pushing for a strike against Iran and will settle for nothing less than a total regime change.
Jeez, it's not like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Yemen haven't been enough of a massive and endless mess.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeez, it's not like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Yemen haven't been enough of a massive and endless mess.
Afghanistan harbored the terrorist organization that attacked us. Anybody does that you have to realize that you are going to get attacked. 18 years later...?!?
We (Britian & USofA) were deceived into the Iraq war -not an excuse but we are not fighting there any longer
We did not start the wars in Syria or Yemen.

We support the rebels in Syria and we support the government that started the war in Yemen.

a) if we did nothing, the rebels in Syria would have been completely slaughtered years ago and Russian would be stable back in the ME. We have 1200 troops in Syria -hardly an Army
b) not a good reason but we are attempting to counter Iran in Yemen. We are losing the public war because we are tied to a psychotic leader in Saudi Arabia that no manner of death is too egregious for him

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The last few days have left me nearly speechless. Spanky dumped the Iran deal, which Iran had adhered to and put severe economic screws on Iran. The Ayatollahs for once could truthfully blame the Iranian people's troubles on the Great Satan. We had Bolton et alia driving a monster truck down the path to "regime change" IE invasion. So when something blows up (literally), Spanky said it's probably a mistake, an undisciplined act!

I once compared Spanky to Kaiser Wilhelm II due to their shared ignorant and amateurish approach to diplomacy. My most sincere apologies to Wilhelm, compared to Spanky he was a model or consistency and sense. Apparently a strike package had been prepared but was called off at the last hour. Will it be reinstated because his BigMac was soggy or to steal the front page from yet another Spanky related scandal? Clearly that moron does not realise that military operations are not like light switches. Nobody has a clue as to what will be decided, least of all Spanky himself.

It's like the 1914 July Crisis on a cocktail of Acid, Speed and Mushrooms blended together.